My probably top 5

Real Name
Bill
Interestingly my top 5 isn't necessarily what I have sold the most of or have been the most popular on social media or even what has gotten the most views on my webpage.
Technically they're probably not the best but in no particular order.

My grand daughter Mackenzie. Her expression when she saw how little ice cream mom gave her continues to melt my heart.

Kenzie 2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Taken on the Gooseneck Glacier on Gannett Peak. The only lighting available were headlamps. When I took it I had no hope it would come out the way it did. I love the story it tells about a memorable adventure.

Routefinding.jpg

This is one of those pictures that I seem to like more than anyone else. It's probably my favorite overall picture due to situation involved. This was during the rut in Yellowstone a couple of years ago so there were photographers everywhere. A cow elk crossed the Madison right into the group of photographers which I was also a part of. This bull elk was in the woods following her and I felt as though he would take the same route. I knew that I only had a couple of minutes so I picked up and hooved it 100 yds. down river so as to get a side shot with the sunrise fog as opposed to another head on shot. I was the only photographer to make this move. Maybe the head on shot was awesome but I felt like the colors and my forethought make this one special.

Madison Elk.jpg

We were camping in the Tetons and I got up early for a walk not expecting anything special. I just really like this picture.

Morning Marina.jpg

Another one of those pictures where my interest was different than the other photographers in the area.
A whole bunch of people standing around waiting for the grizzlies on Pilgrim creek. I saw this Marmot just hanging out watching everyone. Even when I started taking pictures of him and the other folks asked me what I was shooting no one bothered with him. I've actually sold quite a few copies of this photo.

Hole in the wall Marmot.jpg

Real Name
Andy
Maybe the head on shot was awesome but I felt like the colors and my forethought make this one special.
I have great admiration for the effort that it takes to first visualize the photograph, then to move to the ideal position and/or time, and finally capture the image. When that sequence is executed, there is great personal reward. As a bonus, the result you achieved is extremely impressive to the viewer. Win-win!

Real Name
Bill
I have great admiration for the effort that it takes to first visualize the photograph, then to move to the ideal position and/or time, and finally capture the image. When that sequence is executed, there is great personal reward. As a bonus, the result you achieved is extremely impressive to the viewer. Win-win!

Thanks Andy. I appreciate it.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Such wonderful images! The first one brought a big smile to my face! And your previsualization and efforts separate your work from the "pack" in #3 and 5! Thanks for sharing!

I love the look on your grand daughter's face. Th eheadlamp shot is special. You are not the only one who likes the elk.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom