Critique My product photography

I think i posted some here on another forum.
C&C welcome

showergel def2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Dovemen.jpg
CesarCanine00.jpg
Crest.jpg
Neutrogena-00.jpg
CERAVE00.jpg

I am interested in what others say as I have no experience in this field. But I will give it a go. I think the lighting is very well done. It is nothing dramatic but it does shows the product well which is what you want. I do like the clean bg more than the first two and I think you should not have the sunscreen centered. I especially do not like the vertical "thing" in the second one.

Very well done though.

I am interested in what others say as I have no experience in this field. But I will give it a go. I think the lighting is very well done. It is nothing dramatic but it does shows the product well which is what you want. I do like the clean bg more than the first two and I think you should not have the sunscreen centered. I especially do not like the vertical "thing" in the second one.

Very well done though.

Thanks

Good to see that you're still making product shots.

I had to study the first photo to determine which object is the primary subject being promoted. The basket caught my eye first because of its prominent position, because it's the largest object in the scene, and because the near part of it is perfectly in focus. When I realized the basket couldn't possibly be the primary subject, I looked throughout the image and discovered that the primary subject is on the far right. I doubt that you want the viewer to have to go through those mental gyrations to figure all of that out.

Last edited:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
With the first image, my eye goes immediately to the basket with the bath brush, and then over to the product. Maybe arrange the basket so that's it's more in the backrgound?

The others are awesome, in my opinion - well done!

Real Name
Carl
Good effort...It is well exposed, but my eyes bounced back and forth between the basket and the actual subject. I think closer together, the large tube prominent,. and the smaller(?) tube a supporting character, and a slightly out of focus, but identifiable basket would support the main subject.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom