My quest for raptors

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bfjr, Aug 8, 2005.

1. bfjr

bfjr Guest

As some of you may know I've been looking real hard for raptors, Osprey in particular. So much so my neck hurts :)
    Anywho yesterday evening right around the corner from where I live, look what I find :shock: well not Osprey but definitely raptor

Say hello to American Kestrel :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these were taken with the 300F4 + TC1.4 don't know why it's not showing will chk that out later.

2. Very pretty bird and great shots! I've never seen one of these before.

3. I am jelous this si on my top five list to capture I jsut love these little guys they are awesome thanks for sharing

4. Hey Ben he sure has his eye on you. Good capture.
    Pete

5. To me the Kestral is one of the most beautiful of birds. Thanks for sharing your find.

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thanks Kevin
    Up until yesterday me neither :)

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I have to agree, I stopped shooting just to watch him soar and hover looking for prey. I was hoping to get some flight shots but no luck with that yet!!
    Hey anytime you come my way, I'll show you where he hunts and maybe you can take him off your list :)

8. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thanks Pete, yeah he heard my shutter go off and took a bead on me for sure !!!

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I have to agree Gordon, small for a Raptor but just gorgeous coloring. In fact here's a shot of his backside :)

[​IMG]

10. One of my favourite birdies, have yet to nail one, so Im envious. Just wish it was on more of a natural stoop, but hey I would take it in a new york second, nor would I have turned it down. What a beauty!

11. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Evening Keith
    Have to agree on all counts
    beauty of a Raptor
    and I wish he was on a more natural setting, but I hope to find him again so we'll see :)

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice capture Ben. I love the shot with the wings extended.