My quest for raptors

B

bfjr

As some of you may know I've been looking real hard for raptors, Osprey in particular. So much so my neck hurts :)
Anywho yesterday evening right around the corner from where I live, look what I find :shock: well not Osprey but definitely raptor

Say hello to American Kestrel :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

these were taken with the 300F4 + TC1.4 don't know why it's not showing will chk that out later.

B

bfjr

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kevin Scott said:
Very pretty bird and great shots! I've never seen one of these before.
Thanks Kevin
Up until yesterday me neither :)

B

bfjr

mike mac said:
I am jelous this si on my top five list to capture I jsut love these little guys they are awesome thanks for sharing
I have to agree, I stopped shooting just to watch him soar and hover looking for prey. I was hoping to get some flight shots but no luck with that yet!!
Hey anytime you come my way, I'll show you where he hunts and maybe you can take him off your list :)

B

bfjr

PEPPER PETE said:
Hey Ben he sure has his eye on you. Good capture.
Pete
Thanks Pete, yeah he heard my shutter go off and took a bead on me for sure !!!

B

bfjr

greyflash said:
To me the Kestral is one of the most beautiful of birds. Thanks for sharing your find.
I have to agree Gordon, small for a Raptor but just gorgeous coloring. In fact here's a shot of his backside :)

One of my favourite birdies, have yet to nail one, so Im envious. Just wish it was on more of a natural stoop, but hey I would take it in a new york second, nor would I have turned it down. What a beauty!

B

bfjr

Keith said:
One of my favourite birdies, have yet to nail one, so Im envious. Just wish it was on more of a natural stoop, but hey I would take it in a new york second, nor would I have turned it down. What a beauty!
Evening Keith
Have to agree on all counts
beauty of a Raptor
and I wish he was on a more natural setting, but I hope to find him again so we'll see :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom