My really photogenic neices!

Discussion in 'People' started by Leigh, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    We went for a visit to see Patrick's family today and our neices were there. I snapped a few pictures of them....you can't go wrong with photogenic kids, but any critiques would be helpful! Thanks so much!

18869053-L.

18869056-L.

18869059-L.

18869062-L.

18869065-L.

2. Very nice series, my favs are the 2nd thrid and fourth one, the first one seems a little under exposed but still nice....
    the 2nd one is the best of the lot

3. Leigh,

Great shots of the little heartbreakers!! :D :D :D :D :D

My fav is the second shot..........my son has freckles like that. Can't really see them from a distance, but if you look close..........there they are. :D :D :D :D :D :D

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks guys...yeah, the first was underexposed....I had a bit of a tough time with the lighting as it was 5 in the afternoon...the second was my fave as well!

5. Quite tricky to shoot in such back-lit situation.
    Your nieces are really pretty. imgs 2 and 3 are awesome.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama

Any tips on how to deal w/the back-lighting? I'm using a CoolPix8800. I know there are probably things that I could do w/PhotoShop after the fact, but I haven't learned the first thing about any of it yet....I'm still learning, but having tons of fun in the process!

Thanks so much to all of you willing to help me learn.

7. I was never really willing to learn how to handle a coolpix other than in P-mode (my wife's CP5700 in my case), but the best thing to do is the use of fill-flash.
    Generally, I would not worry too much, because pics as yours have their own pleasant mood. You just have to live with blown backgrounds etc.
    We would be happy if we had perfect light any time we want it :)
    Cheers

8. Hi Leigh, nice images of your neices. My fovorite shots are #2 and #4 but they are all good. You have a good eye for composition.

9. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks so much Gordon. It is so encouraging getting positive feedback. I suppose I'll keep trying!