My Red Squirrel Buddy

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Bohdan, Mar 13, 2018.

1. While trying to entice some nuthatches to feed out of my hand I was interrupted by this red squirrel who carried on a very animated conversation with me. I chose not to respond!
    Incessant chatterbox
    Once it started to be political I walked away.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Your photos provide more than ample evidence that, indeed, you responded very well. Both photos are worth zapping the few, tiny, bright spots in the background.
  3. Nice shots! I really like them both.

alexis and Georgie Beagle

" I have to ask, was the squirrel republican or democrat or just nuts..." -Georgie Beagle
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Good one!
  5. Do you mean the snow flakes?
  6. Thanks Alexis and Georgie too...Trooper had an animated conversation with the squirrel as well. His interactions typically elicit a squirelmucil reaction.
  7. It's a Canadian squirrel..we have Liberals vs Conservatives battling it out in this province.
  8. I wouldn't know they are snow flakes if you hadn't explained that. If there had been lots of snow flakes, that would have been a nice characteristic. In this case, there are so few that I would zap them. It's your photo so, of course, do what you think is best. Whatever you do or don't do, I like both photos.
  9. Thanks's good to get constructive feedback..I will probably clone them out cause they don't add anything to the image.
  10. Snowless versions:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bob - Nice shots and a good choice; I always walk away when the conversation gets political. Fortunately, the squirrels we've got only come for the food! DSC_7116.JPG
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Yep, that change works for me, Bohdan.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Now they've become climate change deniers :rolleyes::D
  14. They can be very influential
  15. There is nothing better than an interactive squirrel! Love these little critters!
  16. They are cute...but....can be destructive .
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I have been following that race... so the squirrel is just plain nuts!!!! I still really love the shots.

alexis and Georgie Beagle

"mom, maybe the squirrel wants everyone to vote Green..." - Georgie Beagle
  18. Another explanation is that the squirrel is a Millennial. In America, 70% of Millennials don't identify with a political party.
  19. OK, but this is a Canadian squirrel.
  20. Probably emigrated from America