1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My Red Squirrel Buddy

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Bohdan, Mar 13, 2018.

1. While trying to entice some nuthatches to feed out of my hand I was interrupted by this red squirrel who carried on a very animated conversation with me. I chose not to respond!
    Red%20Squirrel%200518-X2.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Incessant chatterbox
    Red%20Squirrel%200520-X2.jpg

Once it started to be political I walked away.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Your photos provide more than ample evidence that, indeed, you responded very well. Both photos are worth zapping the few, tiny, bright spots in the background.

3. Nice shots! I really like them both.

Cheers,
    alexis and Georgie Beagle

" I have to ask, was the squirrel republican or democrat or just nuts..." -Georgie Beagle

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Good one!

5. Do you mean the snow flakes?

6. Thanks Alexis and Georgie too...Trooper had an animated conversation with the squirrel as well. His interactions typically elicit a squirelmucil reaction.

7. It's a Canadian squirrel..we have Liberals vs Conservatives battling it out in this province.

8. I wouldn't know they are snow flakes if you hadn't explained that. If there had been lots of snow flakes, that would have been a nice characteristic. In this case, there are so few that I would zap them. It's your photo so, of course, do what you think is best. Whatever you do or don't do, I like both photos.

9. Thanks Mike..it's good to get constructive feedback..I will probably clone them out cause they don't add anything to the image.

10. Snowless versions:
    Red%20Squirrel%200520-X2.jpg

Red%20Squirrel%200518-X2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bob - Nice shots and a good choice; I always walk away when the conversation gets political. Fortunately, the squirrels we've got only come for the food!
    DSC_7116.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yep, that change works for me, Bohdan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Now they've become climate change deniers :rolleyes: :D 

14. They can be very influential

15. There is nothing better than an interactive squirrel! Love these little critters!

16. They are cute...but....can be destructive .

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I have been following that race... so the squirrel is just plain nuts!!!! I still really love the shots.

Cheers,
    alexis and Georgie Beagle

"mom, maybe the squirrel wants everyone to vote Green..." - Georgie Beagle

18. Another explanation is that the squirrel is a Millennial. In America, 70% of Millennials don't identify with a political party.

19. OK, but this is a Canadian squirrel.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.