1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Featured My Resplendent Quetzal pics from Costa Rica

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Randy, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Thanks Mitch

2. I can see why they are highly sought after. Beautiful bird and beautifully captured.

3. Thanks dan

4. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Pretty special Randy nice capture

5. Thanks

6. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Very unique, and featured! And I cropped your original and only used that crop for the feature image on the feature display. I initially used your image but the software for the feature display cut off the head, looked rather silly.

Well done sir.

7. Thanks

8. A real beauty. Glad you found and captured it.

9. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Beautiful shot Randy! When I went to Monteverde, I saw a couple, but they were very high in trees, and it was gloomy.

10. Sweet shot! I love Costa Rica. The folks there are so laid back. Pura Vida Randy :) 
    _DSC1652.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  11. That's an awesome bird, outstanding shot Randy!!!

12. Jeff1

Jeff1

Mar 26, 2017
    Ferndale, WA
    Jeff
    Great shot and great find! That’s an amazing looking bird.

13. Thanks
    thanks
    thanks
    thanks
    An amazing country in every way
    This was my 4th trip, 2nd this year and I’m booked for 2019 and 2020
    thanks

Laguna del Lagarto lodge is amazing for them and 50 other species

14. You are definitely better than I am, I have lived here nearly 4 years and only have seen them i pictures!

15. Go shooting, you live in paradise

16. Randy - That is such a great picture. Everything about it is an attention grabber, i.e., lighting, color, sharpness, and you really nailed the capture. Thanks for posting.

17. not really, it is 50 hours work per week..and as I said, you are better than e finding them.
    I always admire folks that come here once or twice and find all the birds I never see. Wonder if they have some kind of radar :) . You sure do, none of my friends has ever seen a quetzal.
    rebaños de mariposas.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Trust me I have been sitting for hours near rivers to get a kingfisher that I had seen there once. Or near some fruit in the savannah hoping for birds and only getting this.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks

19. I was on a photo tour with a Costa Rican who lives in San Jose and knows exactly where to go. There’s almost no other way to come home with these images. There are some places I could go alone like Dave and Dave’s Nature Park, La Paz waterfall park, paradise of quetzals, etc

20. Lance B

Lance B

Jan 13, 2011
    Australia
    Amazing bird, fantastic capture, Randy!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.