My Sandy Hook New Jersey Osprey Parents are gone.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Anthony747, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Hi All! I attended my first birding meet of the Monmouth County Audubon Society which was pretty cool and learned a lot. I got there early so I visited my chimney osprey nest to kill some time and I noticed my nest was missing this young osprey parents. I was told by the meet leader that around now and the end of August here in Sandy Hook New Jersey the ospreys are heading to South America. Not sure why this young female didn’t follow but will soon. The parents will be back to the same nest March next year…I’ll be there as well.

Anthony

[​IMG]

2. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Anthony:

You did a nice job on this. Did you use the 70-200VR with a TC? If so, which one did you use? I have the D70 and the 70-200VR and TC17 and shot some ospreys for the first time a few weeks ago. I did not fare as well as you as I battled the bright sunlight most of the time.

3. Hi Lisa, This osprey was rather close to me so no TC was need just the 70-200VR hand held.

Anthony

4. Nice clarity, Anthony! I promise we'll do our best to capture them as they make their way south! :)

5. Definitely like the eye peeking under the wing. Well taken shot.