My second attempt at infra red

Thanks to Benoit's advice I preset the white balance with the R72 on. Hope this turned out better...

30563765-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And my patient wife

30563766-L.jpg

Opinions and advice are solicited and welcomed once again

thanks for looking

bohdan

Bohdan,

Nicely done. The more pics I see like this the more I want to give it a try. Any tips on getting started?

Jack

Thanks Jack...that was my kicker as well..seeing what effects that an infrared filter can do as posted by others...Benoit G...Boobie Joe...encourage me to give it a try.
I love the effect...surreal- yet crisp..

I used the D70 along with the kit lens ( 18-70 ) along with a Hoya R 72 IR filter..The rest is:
White balance as a quickly found out( pointed out so patiently to me by Benoit ) is the key...You have to preset the WB with the IR Filter on to a sunny piece of grass or bright sky..Focus without the filter on then carefully put the IR filter back on...
Manual mode F/11 Shutter speed 6 seconds. ISO 200 ( I shot in RAW)

the rest is all post processing in Capture...the Photoshop channel swapping and Hue/saturation adjustments

Hope this helps..

I believe that both Benoit and Boobie Joe have posted the processing technique on this forum.

Thanks again
Merci beaucoup

bohdan

N

nfoto

You shouldn't care about "colours" of an IR image. The colours aren't for real anyway :D and traditional white-balancing doesn't work. IR isn't visible light.

If you want green skies so be it. I found your earlier attempt with the reddish hues to be visually more pleasing.

Or try going into b/w, that can work very nice with IR. On the other side, if you want to go *far* out with IR and IR colours, it is the perfect vehicle for doing just this. Just see the image below.

289.png

(taken with 20 mm lens on D2H, Wratten 89B filter)

I like the green sky in your images, Bohdan.

The IR images that I've seen posted on this forum have impressed and compelled me to give IR photography a try.

I really like the eerie and "Halloween" feel that it gives me. Like something from a horror movie.

Latest threads

Top Bottom