My second portrait session

Discussion in 'People' started by virtuamike, Aug 2, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Sweet work Mike...

2. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Nice shots. I like #3 the best, though you might considering blurring/softening the bokeh in Photoshop.

3. Another excellen series, Mike. The first two I really like. The first one might even look good in b&w, too.

4. I like the casualness of your images. The young lady is pretty and photographs well. What lens did you use?

5. faenix

faenix

Jun 21, 2005
    Bayside, NY
    Mike used his new 'beauty' the 17-55.

6. Heh, only up till file #4. Files 5-9 were done with the 50/1.4 at 1.4 because it was getting so dark. The last shot was ISO800 1/30 f/1.4.

7. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Mike really nice shots of a beautiful lady!!

Dan

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Love the pose in #3

Good job on these exposures. Tell you what, Mike, putting a subject into a good pose is a lot harder than some might think. What I've been doing is making contact sheets from images I've copied off the web, then bringing them along, and trying to emulate them, at least to some degree. Then, afterwords, I can see what worked, and what didn't.
    In the 1st image, she's looking too far off to her left, blocking part of her right iris, ie, too much white of the eye there, and her head tilt isn't quite right. Would like to see it down more, and against her shoulder more. Usually, having the subject's eyes make contact with the camera is what works best, but not necessarily always. #3's a terrific shot, and #4 is pretty good too! These opinions are just that.... opinions. :eek:

Edit! Just looked at the rest of the shots, and man, you should've included this one in your post, It's terrific! Hope you don't mind me embedding it.
    dahye07_full.

9. Yeah I agree, poses aren't easy. Some people look good when they stare into the camera and some don't. I'm still on the fence about her.