My Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8 arrived today but......

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Francis, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Francis

Francis

May 7, 2005
    Belgium
    Happy as a child, I love this lens, I guess it's one of the best Sigma lenses they ever made...... now, here's my question, I know there Sigma converters.....1.4X and 2X

BUT....there are also Tamron converters, much cheaper....... I guess you already know what my question is...... what do I choose????

I also have the Nikkor AF 80-400/4.5-5.6 ED D VR. Is it still useful to buy a converter for the sigma lens?

PS : that damn spell checker, always wants to change Tamron to Tampon... :lol:

2. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    With HSM lenses I believe you need to stick with Sigma TC's for full functionality and compatiblity.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

The Sigma TC are much better than other brands... I have the 1.4 and love it, I just got a Kinko Pro 2x and it doesn't like the 70-200 at all.. works fine with the rest of my lens, just not the one I really want it to work with.

4. Francis

Francis

May 7, 2005
    Belgium
    Thank you for this useful information, btw..... your signature is ooohhh soooo true!!!!! :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.