My son - first BW

Discussion in 'People' started by strobel, Oct 20, 2005.

1. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    I am not much of a Black and White type of person but I took this shot the other day and when I converted it to BW I just loved. it. I know his highchair (that white object behind his head) is a little distracting but I just love the clean facial expression. I know that seeing my family is kind of boring for most, but I can not help myself. Feel free to tell me ways of improving the BW look.

Thanks for looking
    Ron
    [​IMG]

2. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    I like it. I have serval children of my own and that expression is a perfect memory maker. Good for one of the picture frames gracing your grand piano. :wink:

3. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    Hi Scott
    Thanks for looking, where do you think is a good spot on our Grand Piano?

[​IMG] :smile:

4. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Well, more room than mine. :smile:

Good one!

5. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    I like it too. You have a cute kid. Is he half Danish?

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Ron,

I don't find it boring at all....in fact, I love it! To me, that's one of the great things about the Cafe...we can post anything from prize winning photographs of owls in winter to wonderful snapshots of our family. The diversity is what keeps this place alive (that and wonderful friends to get to know). I for one post many pictures of my family...so I encourage you to post more like this one...it's wonderful!

7. Hi there. I'd see how it looks with a little bump in contrast. Nice shot.

8. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    AMEN Leigh, I couldn't have said it better myself.

9. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    Yes he is, his mother (Dorte) is born and raised in Denmark. My wife is from the island of Fyn in a small town called Nyborg. Both my kids are proud to be Danish. My oldest son Karsten (8) speaks Danish very well and Torben (2) most definitely will learn.

Thanks for looking.

10. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL

Thank you Leigh, I love looking at other people's kids also. I almost feel like I am bragging a little bit (don't tell anyone, that is what I am doing).

Thanks for the kind words.

11. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    I suspected that with that innocent cute look that his name must be Torben. Regards to you and your family.

12. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    The problem I have is when I ad more contrast the flash highlights just are overpowering. I guess i could use a mask in photoshop and just adjust the areas around the highlights. If you have any suggestions on ways of doing this I would love to hear them.

Thanks

13. Hey Ron, really nice image of your fine looking son. It's OK to brag about your kids as they are an extension of ourselves. Of course I'm sure your wife played the major role here. :smile: :smile:

14. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    I must say Gordon, she seems to think so. Although I know the truth, and that is what matters. :smile::smile: