1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My son Jeff has become quite a photographer

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Electromen, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Jeffrey is 22 yrs old and going into his senior of college. His major is Graphic Communications and Multimedia which includes photography. In this economy internships are hard to find. I applied to the University and was accepted as an intern sponsor, Jeff was my summer intern for wedding photography.

It's been fun and Jeff is very patient of my old man ways. It's brought us closer together and I'm very proud of him. Jeff is an honor student.

One of our strategies is to have the subject look at me while Jeff gets the money shot. Here's an example, both of these photos were taken at the same time:

Me using a D3 and 24-70 f/2.8 - groom looking at me

3790290585_b16283a284_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jeff using a D700 and 70-200 f/2.8 VR

3791239046_f8443cb1f8_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jeff again has the better shot, it's part of our plan.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009
  2. OCIR

OCIR

Mar 24, 2009
    MD
    Wow, Greg! Looking like dad! Congrats! Is it me or he is wearing orange eye shadow?

3. pictures look great for the most part, but whats with the orange spots on the second pic around the eyes/forehead?

4. The orange is probably a lack of sRGB color space, I'll check it out.

5. Thanks, I fixed it.

6. Thanks for noticing, I replaced the image

7. i still see it greg. :tongue:

8. I do not see it on my monitors.

9. is your monitor calibrated? my monitor is quite sensitive to things like that..

10. I have dual 23 inch apple cinema displays calibrated and profiled with eye one display2.

11. I also see the spots. Great shots BTW.

12. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    i see it too!

Using a PC with Google Chrome.

13. ArtScott

ArtScott

Jul 11, 2009
    WICHITA, KS
    nice work.....but why do you do your shooting this way....is it not easier just to an assistant stand where you want eyes to go....just have subject look over your right or left shoulder to get that slight head twist???

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.