My son, my son & Ospreys

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Lou Buscher, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Off we went hunting the Cape Cod osprey. He knew the end of the lens to point as I gave him a set up of the 20D and the 1 to 400 on my new BushHawk and it made it so easy even a teacher could figure it out. (Yeah he's a math teacher) I set some setting on the camera and told him to go get um and off he did 475 photos later we finally (all worn out) quit. Here are a few from my son the wildlife photographer and I might add I have a lot more to go over from his group. I have to add the light was not the best so many came out dark but just about all of these are full frame photos processed to 9 X 14. I lugged the 500 on the monopod around managed a few nice ones also and I got to look at a new house there on the Cape as I am thinking about moving there.
    Way to go Bud and more to come. === Dad

1 Sneaking up on a green heron, got um.

2 how close is this? Some credit to the BushHawk
  2. 3 don’t you just love it when they keep the young warm with free electric

4 no electric at this one

5 this one and the next the osprey went into a hover right above us and with the BushHawk he was able to get a burst of 3 off but the first one was NG. I could not tilt the monopod back far enough for any chance.

6 second hover
  3. 7

8 some blue sky’s

8 Another close pass over and we are right in a back yard so how about that we are still photographing yard birds.
  4. tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Awesome shots Lou.
  5. snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    Nice, I really like #8.
  6. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice shots

Looks like the sensor could use some cleaning<)))))
  7. Nice shots and please clean that sensor! :)

8. Very nice! And yes the sensor is a bit on the dirty side :).

9. Thanks Jimmy, I'll pass it on to him and I'll be working on many more.
  10. Thanks snownow and I'll make sure I pass it on to him as I know he will be pleased. We had a ball
  11. Hey Gale prety good for a first timer and what spots on a sensor, those are ball birds flying about:biggrin::biggrin: Yeah I'll ry to get to that body later.
  12. HA yeah Jose I did a lot of cloneing as I did not realize just how bad it was.
    Don't look to bad now you should have seen it when I downloaded them.:eek:
  13. OK OK I confess I delibertly tried to mess up my sons try at taking wildlife photos by coating the sensor with sand from the beach:biggrin::biggrin: Damn he still outdid me. I promise I will clean it today or never take a photo with a sky in it again.:wink::wink: Thanks Anthony
  14. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ball birds....rofl
    Ok I'll buy that.....This time