1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My Son Phoenix in Bermuda

Discussion in 'People' started by Nacho, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    One of the Bermuda shots. Part of his hair is blown, the sunlight reflected on the wet golden hair was just hard to avoid here. And his body was turned so it would be shaded. I am pleased with the study as I was just taken by his seeming grumpyness and wispy look, and wanted precisely this kind of image.

Thoughts greatly appreciated,

Nacho :smile:

[​IMG]

EXIF: Nikon D300, ISO 200, 80mm, f/5, 1/400, (with Nikon AF 70-300mm 4.5-5.6 G), handheld. Processing done in PS CS3.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2008
  2. nice conversion with a bit of sepia thrown into the mix
    i like how this one turned out

thanks for sharing

3. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Thanks Greg. Yes, I like the feel of this shot, although I think it is still in the early stages of processing. I'm still mulling what more it needs.

Thanks again!

N

4. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Nacho, Really LOVE this shot. I actually think it is fine the way it is.

Dan

5. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Dan, thanks! I don't normally add frames to images anymore, but maybe a simple white border might do here... we'll see. Thanks for the thoughts. I appreciate it.

Best,

N

6. That is an awesome photo!!!

7. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Garon, thanks! I definitely like it (but I'm biased given that it is my son!). Springfield eh? I'm in Salem, and will be back there in September. We'll have to find a group of Oregon Cafe members and get together for some Fall outing!

Thanks again,

Nacho

8. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Nacho,

I like how you processed it! And I love the "Oh, Dad, not again" look on his face... :tongue:

9. I really like this shot Nacho. Looks like it could be from an ad campaign of some sort.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.