My soon-to-be cat, as Fate would have it

I have a history of loving cats although I can't seem to name them worth beans (my first cat was Puss Puss #1, and you guessed it, the second was Puss Puss #2 and unexpectedly her kittens - Small Grey, Big Grey, Boots, Stripey and ... I forget the other one :smile:. Oh yes. Blackie :tongue:).

Anyway, when I moved into my new apartment, there was Tipsy. Beautiful and affectionate, she has somehow at one time or another "belonged" to at least three people in my complex. And last night her current caretaker announced that he'd probably leave her with me when he moves to Montreal at the end of the month.

I didn't want a cat. Partly because my freedom means everything to me. But love entails responsibility. It looks like "Tipsy" will soon be mine and it was written in the stars from the moment she first came in and took ownership of all of my chairs, my rug and my bed ... and my heart.

1247788717_AbHbm-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1237219711_u4ErZ-L.jpg

015-15ed-L.jpg

013-13edtips-L.jpg

Love the second photo. Nice and relaxed. Congrats on the new family member. Yes they are work but they are well worth it.

I agree, bnk190. Thank you very much for commenting.

Unfortunately I lost almost all of my pictures of the kittens because of a virus :frown:, but I found this print and scanned it. I think they were all lying together on a rather hairy cardigan (maybe Big Grey wasn't there, he was a bit shy):

kittens-ed-small-L.gif

You Have Finally Found Each Other! Good For You Both! Enjoy Each Other & The Warmth & Love That Comes With The Whole Package!:smile:

Thank you, Steve! I know you speak from experience!

We can't quantify things like love. I just have to give in and see the positive.

It's not hard to do when on the middle of a rainy April day, you lie down for a little nap and drift off to the slight vibration of a cat purring beside you, or extending her leg - so that it just touches you - in the most effortless cat gymnastics. Her way of saying, "I trust you. You're mine." :smile:

Thank you to Britinjapan - appreciate it!

Last edited by a moderator:
That cat looks severely stressed! :biggrin: Looks like you two belong together. You're so right - the extended paw speaks volumes about trust and love.

Friends, I have been too shamefaced to answer you on this thread as I have been afflicted with commitment anxiety :frown: ... not sure about having a cat (somehow during her nomadic, unstable life, no one taught her to use a litterbox!) ...

It turns out that her owner has decided to bring her to Montreal after all.

So I guess I should rename this thread something like, "I could have had a cat, but Fate decreed otherwise" or some such!

Thank you very much to Sandi, Pancho, Michael and Dianne. Obviously you are all kind, caring people who love animals. God bless you!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom