My stroke

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Jim, from your last photo, if anyone had told me that you had suffered a stroke recently, I would not have believed it. You (and the family) look fantastic, and I'm so pleased that you're recovering well.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
You really have recovered remarkably well! I'm sure the doctors in Italy knew they were working with a very special man! (....and a very special wife and family!)

Jim, from your last photo, if anyone had told me that you had suffered a stroke recently, I would not have believed it. You (and the family) look fantastic, and I'm so pleased that you're recovering well.

Thanks, Lyndee. I'm sure you realize that the other folks in the photo are friends, not family.
They were our neighbors when we first moved to Blacksburg in 1974 and we've remained close friends ever since even though we've all moved to different locations in the area.

You really have recovered remarkably well! I'm sure the doctors in Italy knew they were working with a very special man! (....and a very special wife and family!)

Thanks, Karen. My type of stroke has one of the highest recovery rates, so I was quite lucky there.

Great photo, thanks for sharing, and so awesome to see you in an image!

Thanks, Wade. The photo, as usual for this sort of snap, was made by the waitress with my wife's iPhone.

Glad you're back. That part of trip insurance is really "hope I never touch it" -- Glad it was available for you!

Will keep you in prayers.

Today marks six months since my stroke. I will have an MRA (magnetic resonance angiogram) this morning with follow-up tomorrow. These are my last medical appointments associated with this event.

Did a very hilly 3+ mile walk yesterday and my leg strength felt essentially 100%.

I'm ready to put this chapter behind me and look forward to more good times ahead.

Your recovery has been just amazing, Jim! A lot of skilled, excellent medical care in the acute stage at the beginning plus your own good health prior to the event and your determined, persistent hard work at PT throughout recovery has all played roles in the fact that today you're out there hiking more than three miles! :) Give yourself a pat on the back, maybe two!

Oh, and I nearly forgot to add that you are also fortunate to have such a wonderfully supportive family, too. They have been there every step of the way for you!

Thanks to all of you for the encouraging remarks. I think I got better care in the early stages in Bari, Italy, than I would have gotten here. However, the rehabilitation unit at Roanoke Carilion clinic was top notch.

Your recovery has been just amazing, Jim! A lot of skilled, excellent medical care in the acute stage at the beginning plus your own good health prior to the event and your determined, persistent hard work at PT throughout recovery has all played roles in the fact that today you're out there hiking more than three miles! :) Give yourself a pat on the back, maybe two!

Oh, and I nearly forgot to add that you are also fortunate to have such a wonderfully supportive family, too. They have been there every step of the way for you!

Thanks, Connie, and you're absolutely right about the family contribution. They were essential!

Latest threads

Top Bottom