1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My summer vacation playground - view from Satelite...!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Panos Kazanelis, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Thanks to Google Earth (an amazing s/w) I can show you my summer vacation playground.

Notice the river complexity, the great green mountains, the lakes... even the sea is only 60Km away and there's a fantastic place
    for scuba diving called Sivotta (but I guess that's the only thing Lambros won't be able to perform...)

original.
    View attachment 13115

2. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. Looks like a great place, and lots of white water!!! You SURE you can't teach the little guy how to scuba??? I'm sure a cat could! ;)  Just teasing.... I miss my days in Crete - great part of the world and amazing that so much of it is still wild, compared to north america.

4. Panos, here's where I'll go next week - Cairns, Australia. From there we'll go into the tropical rain forest, and also to the Great Barrier Reef.
    original.
          0mm    f/1.0    0s    ISO Array

5. Hope you are having loads of fun Panos. Looks like a great place to vacation. Google Earth is a great website.

6. Panos, I was fortunate to travel to Greece on a number of occasions for work. One of the trips I was taken on was from Athens to the port of Patras. The scenery along the way is just incredible. It's a little south of where you'll be but I can only imagine how pretty it is where you're going. Your homeland is definitely one of my favorite countries! :) 

7. Does anyone know how to tell when the satellite pics were taken? I've located my house and can tell that the view is at least 1 1/2 years old.

Thanks,

Steve

8. Utel needs a little less than 3 years to scan our spaceship Earth... but some VERY popular places get their "treats" every 3-4 months.

9. Panos,

Thank you. I guess we are in a location here in the US that doesn't get it's picture taken very often.

It is a very interesting site. Thanks for sharing.

Steve

10. Steve, you can try Nasa World Wind which probably has more up to date pics, but it's a bit slow. More information and software download can be found here :
    http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.