My summer vacation playground - view from Satelite...!!!

Thanks to Google Earth (an amazing s/w) I can show you my summer vacation playground.

Notice the river complexity, the great green mountains, the lakes... even the sea is only 60Km away and there's a fantastic place
for scuba diving called Sivotta (but I guess that's the only thing Lambros won't be able to perform...)

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 13115

Looks like a great place, and lots of white water!!! You SURE you can't teach the little guy how to scuba??? I'm sure a cat could! ;) Just teasing.... I miss my days in Crete - great part of the world and amazing that so much of it is still wild, compared to north america.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Panos, here's where I'll go next week - Cairns, Australia. From there we'll go into the tropical rain forest, and also to the Great Barrier Reef.
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Panos, I was fortunate to travel to Greece on a number of occasions for work. One of the trips I was taken on was from Athens to the port of Patras. The scenery along the way is just incredible. It's a little south of where you'll be but I can only imagine how pretty it is where you're going. Your homeland is definitely one of my favorite countries! :)

Does anyone know how to tell when the satellite pics were taken? I've located my house and can tell that the view is at least 1 1/2 years old.

Thanks,

Steve

steve f said:
Does anyone know how to tell when the satellite pics were taken? I've located my house and can tell that the view is at least 1 1/2 years old.

Utel needs a little less than 3 years to scan our spaceship Earth... but some VERY popular places get their "treats" every 3-4 months.

Panos,

Thank you. I guess we are in a location here in the US that doesn't get it's picture taken very often.

It is a very interesting site. Thanks for sharing.

Steve

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
steve f said:
Panos,

Thank you. I guess we are in a location here in the US that doesn't get it's picture taken very often.

Steve, you can try Nasa World Wind which probably has more up to date pics, but it's a bit slow. More information and software download can be found here :
http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/

Latest threads

Top Bottom