My Sunday Ospreys up close.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by james thiel, Apr 19, 2007.

1. I was not going to post these after Bill and Louie put up their great shots but there were a couple I kind of liked. Bill and Louie both got some great action shots by hand holding either the 300 f4 in Louie's case or the 200-400 in Bill's. I did not have that option as I only had my 500 with me. Here are a few of the shots I was able to get when the action got close. I am going to try the 70-200 with 1.4 tc today if they do any close in flying.

The leap
    original.

View attachment 91478

Here I am!!!! Landing gear down ready for grab
    View attachment 91479

Ok got it, now what!!
    View attachment 91480

Off to the nest thats it!!
    View attachment 91481

Ok, one last pass at those crazy guys and those big lenses.
    View attachment 91482

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Those are beautiful images.
    You don't see me posting mine...lol no way

3. Hmmm, those birds look strangely familiar, like I've seen them somewhere before .... :rolleyes: Maybe I'll have to see if I can find some similar to those later today :wink: :wink:

Looking good. It is going to be interesting to see how much "nest" is now there. See you in a bit ..... :biggrin:

4. Hey Jim these are really nice photos. Have you printed any yet.
    Lou

5. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Outstanding Jim

6. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Harry said it best, outstanding.

7. snugelbune

snugelbune

Mar 15, 2006
    NYC suburbs
    Wow! Osprey are my new obsession (it's sad, I know) and I have yet to get a shot, these are simply magnificant. Thanks so much for posting, I like all of them, every time I think I'll tell you which my favorite one is, I look again and change my mind. So, I'll end the way I began...Wow!

8. Great shots Jim, I love the angle you got on tha 3rd image.

9. Terrific Shots, You nailed them!!!!

10. Excellent shots Jim.

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Uh, Jim....I can't understand why you would want to post such AWESOME shots. :biggrin:

These are really good. You are way too modest. :smile:

12. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Fantastic! The 3rd one looks like it's going to fly right out of the screen.

13. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    These are great shots. Especially like the pair and the head-on shot over the water. If you're deciding whether to post or not based on the quality of others' photos, look at mine instead. Then you'll post everything! Ha! Great shooting.

14. Thanks Gale. I went back last night with Bill and we had great light for once. I wish this series could have been in such nice light. Well I guess that is what we get for living in the PNW... Have you seen any more eagles lately?

15. I am sure that we have many shots that are the same. God knows we take enough of them LOL It was a fun evening yesterday. Boy getting some good light sure makes the birds pop.

Thanks Lou. I have printed several from last year but not yet this year. I made a book last year and will have to add to it this year.

Thanks much Harry.

Again, thanks for looking.
    WOW what kind words. I must say it is darn fun to watch these birds. This is the first time we have watched them build a nest. I learn something each time I watch them.

Thanks, I was pretty lucky I think to get that shot. It is the best one I have from that angle.

Thanks.

Thanks Ron. I hope to catch up with you soon.

Thank Frank. I keep trying but man am I rusty. I have not had much time to hold a camera lately, but my busy season is now over.

Thanks. That was full frame too.

Thanks Baxter. I have seen many great shots posted by you.. :smile: :smile:

16. JohnK

JohnK

Aug 6, 2006
    Pacific NW
    Terrific shots Jim! I definitely need a lot more practice. :biggrin:

I'm going to head out to Everett looking for them tomorrow morning, photos if the lights good, scouting if not.