My Sunday Ospreys up close.

I was not going to post these after Bill and Louie put up their great shots but there were a couple I kind of liked. Bill and Louie both got some great action shots by hand holding either the 300 f4 in Louie's case or the 200-400 in Bill's. I did not have that option as I only had my 500 with me. Here are a few of the shots I was able to get when the action got close. I am going to try the 70-200 with 1.4 tc today if they do any close in flying.

The leap
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 91478

Here I am!!!! Landing gear down ready for grab
View attachment 91479

Ok got it, now what!!
View attachment 91480

Off to the nest thats it!!
View attachment 91481

Ok, one last pass at those crazy guys and those big lenses.
View attachment 91482

Hmmm, those birds look strangely familiar, like I've seen them somewhere before .... :rolleyes: Maybe I'll have to see if I can find some similar to those later today :wink: :wink:

Looking good. It is going to be interesting to see how much "nest" is now there. See you in a bit ..... :biggrin:

Wow! Osprey are my new obsession (it's sad, I know) and I have yet to get a shot, these are simply magnificant. Thanks so much for posting, I like all of them, every time I think I'll tell you which my favorite one is, I look again and change my mind. So, I'll end the way I began...Wow!

Uh, Jim....I can't understand why you would want to post such AWESOME shots. :biggrin:

These are really good. You are way too modest. :smile:

These are great shots. Especially like the pair and the head-on shot over the water. If you're deciding whether to post or not based on the quality of others' photos, look at mine instead. Then you'll post everything! Ha! Great shooting.

Those are beautiful images.
You don't see me posting mine...lol no way
Thanks Gale. I went back last night with Bill and we had great light for once. I wish this series could have been in such nice light. Well I guess that is what we get for living in the PNW... Have you seen any more eagles lately?

Hmmm, those birds look strangely familiar, like I've seen them somewhere before .... :rolleyes: Maybe I'll have to see if I can find some similar to those later today :wink: :wink:

Looking good. It is going to be interesting to see how much "nest" is now there. See you in a bit ..... :biggrin:
I am sure that we have many shots that are the same. God knows we take enough of them LOL It was a fun evening yesterday. Boy getting some good light sure makes the birds pop.

Hey Jim these are really nice photos. Have you printed any yet.
Lou
Thanks Lou. I have printed several from last year but not yet this year. I made a book last year and will have to add to it this year.

Outstanding Jim
Thanks much Harry.

Harry said it best, outstanding.
Again, thanks for looking.
Wow! Osprey are my new obsession (it's sad, I know) and I have yet to get a shot, these are simply magnificant. Thanks so much for posting, I like all of them, every time I think I'll tell you which my favorite one is, I look again and change my mind. So, I'll end the way I began...Wow!
WOW what kind words. I must say it is darn fun to watch these birds. This is the first time we have watched them build a nest. I learn something each time I watch them.

Great shots Jim, I love the angle you got on tha 3rd image.
Thanks, I was pretty lucky I think to get that shot. It is the best one I have from that angle.

Terrific Shots, You nailed them!!!!
Thanks.

Excellent shots Jim.
Thanks Ron. I hope to catch up with you soon.

Uh, Jim....I can't understand why you would want to post such AWESOME shots. :biggrin:

These are really good. You are way too modest. :smile:
Thank Frank. I keep trying but man am I rusty. I have not had much time to hold a camera lately, but my busy season is now over.

Fantastic! The 3rd one looks like it's going to fly right out of the screen.
Thanks. That was full frame too.

These are great shots. Especially like the pair and the head-on shot over the water. If you're deciding whether to post or not based on the quality of others' photos, look at mine instead. Then you'll post everything! Ha! Great shooting.
Thanks Baxter. I have seen many great shots posted by you.. :smile: :smile:

Terrific shots Jim! I definitely need a lot more practice. :biggrin:

I'm going to head out to Everett looking for them tomorrow morning, photos if the lights good, scouting if not.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom