My take on the dogwood

Discussion in 'Annual Alabama Sessions' started by J.Alan, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Laura Beth (Our 8 year old) and I had a great time today and last evening. We met some very nice folks in person, and have to compliment Leigh and Patrick for getting together a wonderful event.

I did not get a lot of shots, today, but I like this:

original.

and with Mike Finn's Oil Painting action in Photoshop:

View attachment 87803

2. Joe, those are BEAUTIFUL. I could not compose that thing to save my life.

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Really beautiful, Joe!

It was such a pleasure meeting you and Laura Beth. Ben was very smitten with her (on our way home after the Garden he asked if she was coming with us). He was very sad when I said she'd already gone home w/her daddy. He did perk up with I told him that we'd have you over for a swim this summer, though.:smile:

4. Thanks, Mason.

I was at a loss for what to do, so just took in the whole scene. I had little hope for colors and contrast due to the clouds, but I think it came out well.

5. Leigh, Laura Beth had

a great time with your boys. She though she might have a couple brothers to take home with her! She would love to come for a swim and we'll get with you later on that.

6. wonderful!!

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Joe that is a beautiful composition and rendering
    Both
    I perfer the original though

8. Thank you, Gale.

I like them both, but tend to agree that the original is better. I don't normally fool with actions like the oil painting action, but though I'd give it a whirl.

I appreciate the comments.

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Joe,

We will probably see quite a few shots of the old dogwood, but I doubt that we will see any better than these. I love your composition. Just beautiful.

10. I appreciate the kind words, Frank.

I think I will have to print this one.

11. Excellent, Joe. Looks like a very beautiful place.

12. WOW Joe! COmpletely gorgeous! Glad ya'll are having a great time!

13. I love the composition and the pp you did on this one. Very nice one.

14. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Super Joe,

I have a similar shot from the same point, and plan to take out the one sign too! (there was a sign to the left of the tree right in the way.

Cheers, and super meeting you and your daughter Laurabeth.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2007
  15. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Beautiful photo. Everything is still fairly brown here. It is so nice to see all the green.:biggrin:

16. Thanks, Catz.

This is my favorite image from this weekend, so far.

17. Thank you, Terri.

I am glad that I could send a bit of spring your way. Until early this morning, it was bone dry, and dusty here. It sounded like we got several inches of rain, so the plants should flourish.

18. Wade, you must have made

good time getting home, judging by how soon you began posting! Thanks for commenting. Laura Beth has been enjoying every moment of this weekend.

19. Thanks, Phil. It is

a beautiful place. Thanks for commenting.

20. Hi, Dianne.

We are having a good time, and maybe you will be able to come to one of these gatherings. Patrick and Leigh are excellent hosts and I applaud all their work in putting this together.