My Texas buddies in Katy, Houston, Sugarland, Galveston, Fairfield, S. Houston...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seneca, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    And everyone else in Harris, Fort Bend Counties ya'll all be careful...looks like we're in the storms path...we're going to ride it out. Ya'll keep us in your thoughts and prayers please. No need to reply to this thread. Thanks everyone.

Read the link.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080911/ap_on_re_us/ike

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2008
  2. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    We are in Kingwood so don't have to evacuate....yet. Hope no trees come crashing down though. Stay safe Seneca.

3. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Beautiful Kingwood...with all those trees...Yvette you be careful too!

4. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    If Y'all need to seek refuge, don't hesitate to contact me. Stay safe!

5. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Everyone stay safe...

6. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Yes it is beautiful with all the trees but they may end up being a curse through this storm. We have two VERY large trees right up against the house. Hopefully they will stay in place. :biggrin: Where are you heading out to? My hubby just called me from 45 and said it is already like a parking lot.

7. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    We're staying put. We have my step-daughter-in-law and step son who will be staying with us. We have huge palm tree in our backyard.

8. Hwy 6 and West Little York -far NW Houston - might see some eye-wall here! Riding it out, now gotta get back to boarding.

9. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Stay Safe, y'all!

10. Yes! Stay safe!
    If you do decide to hunker down, come back and let us know you all are ok.

MikeT

11. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I know exactly where that is...you're only minutes from me. I too am in the NW part of town.

Thank you.

Thanks Mike...we'll come up and let everyone know how we're doing. We're 60 miles from the coast...but the news is saying well get some wind and rain. :frown:

12. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    We are also staying. I have just been to Sam's club and it was chaos. Looks like most of the gas stations have also run out of gas. Seneca and everyone else in Houston, I hope you all stay safe.

13. The 5PM NOAA forcast track has IKE going up the west side of Galveston Bay, which means (for now) Monica and I will be on the "clean" side of the storm! yay

14. Snake

Snake

Dec 19, 2005
    Central Alabama
    Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. God Bless and stay safe.

15. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Thank you so much...we'll need it. We have everything in place right now...generators, food, medical supplies, water. Thank you all for your prayers...continue to pray for people in Southeast Texas...we'll need it.

16. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    You guys all take care now. And Sen, keep me posted on how you're holding up, ya hear?

17. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I will sweetie...thank you. :frown:

18. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Hang in there my friend

19. LynnTX

LynnTX

Jun 23, 2008
    Texas
    ike

There was a stream of people coming all the way into the Dallas metro area last night. I45 North was extremely busy. Although people were managing to get through, some drove 10 - 11 hours or more due to congestion and some gas shortages.

However, there is no question in my mind this was handled amazingly well. Katrina taught everyone a very hard lesson. Especially the coordination between state, local and federal agencies.

May God have mercy and protect those that are in harms way, especially the cival servants who stay in the danger zones to protect others.

Lynn

20. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Well I think we're on the dirty side of the storm. I will report as soon as we get some winds...if we still have electricity. Galveston already has some flooding and the storm hasn't even hit yet. I heard on the news this morning that those people who have beach homes will indeed lose their homes...that in itself is so sad.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.