My thoughts are with those in the path of Katrina

This storm sure looks to be turning into a storm of epic proportion, my thoughts and prayers are with all of those in Katrina's path, stay safe and out of harms way.

Thanks for those kind thoughts. I finished latching down the last few things this morning. I live just east of Baton Rouge, LA. It will be interesting to see how New Orleans weathers the storm. I have always wondered what would happen if it took a direct hit.

Our family and our neighbors were going to have a hurricane party but 7:00am is a little too early for drinking.

Larry

Is this thing huge or what!

At 4pm, east coast, the eye alone is 29 miles across and 175 mile per hour winds.
48348963.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jarrell

Everyone should keep in mind that a storm this huge won't just affect the Gulf Coast. Folks throughout Mississippi, Alabama, and even Central Tennessee will experience at least Tropical Storm conditions over the next couple of days. Then further northeast will experience lots of rain and flooding. Everyone in the projected path of this storm (and that's pretty much the entire eastern US) should pay attention to their local weather forecasts for the next couple of days.

Good luck to all in the path of this devastating storm! I know I'm glad my daughters have moved out of the area and hope everyone else has heeded the evacuation orders.

I've got a brother lives up in Atlanta, so I'm selfishly hoping it stays clear of there. But I wish you all well, this thing looks like a real monster.

Take real good care of yourselves and your loved ones.

F

FlyingFlowers

I hope everyone in that area stays safe. My thoughts are with you.

Real Name
Heiko
Jarrell, thanks for posting the satelite image.

I sincerely hope that you are all spared from this monster hurricane. Stay safe and sound.

This hurricane is a horrible monstor.

Bless all of you. Please stay safe.

NOOOOO HURRICANE PARTIES...

THIS THING IS VERYYYY DANGEROUS.

J

JMartin

Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you as well!

Jennifer and I sat up watching the CNN reports last night and this storm is scary, it dwarfs the four we had here in FL last year.

As I sit here and type this, the storm has been downgraded to a Cat. 4... but as the newscaster said - that's the difference in being hit by a freight train and a Mack truck. One other thing just reported, landfall should be around 9am (two hours from now) and their "last resort" for shelter, the Superdome, has already lost power! Just one small sign of things to come :frown:

Everyone please stay safe and god bless you!!

Joe

Damn hurricanes

It's raining sideways and trees are falling all around me giving in to the 75-80MPH wind gusts and the power is more off than on. The wind-driven rain is so hard at times you can't see much more than 10 feet. All this and I am more than 250 miles inland. I can't begin to imagine what the people on the coast went through. For it to still be this strong this far north -- the eye will pass over in about an hour or so -- this thing had to be a monster.

Phil

Reports as of 12:35 am Tuesday CDT, and I believe this is just in Mississippi, 50-55 are being reported dead. I can't imagine what that number will turn into come daylight and when conditions permit the search and rescue to begin.

I am in the Northeast corner of MS, and it has been pounding here all night. I have never thought of a hurricane having this much effect on us here. I've already witnessed one pretty good sized tree down this afternoon before things picked up. I also have never seen wind like this before in my life! All I can say is WOW! I don't know how those weather reporters manage to stay right in the middle of all the action without their nerves getting the best of them.

I would also like to extend my thoughts and prayers to everyone in the New Orleans, Gulf Port, Biloxi areas. I just hope the ones that evacuated have a home to return to when this is finally over.

Latest threads

Top Bottom