My thoughts on the Z50 and kit lenses (Image heavy)

Terri, this is very impressive. I was checking the prices, and so reasonable for the quality of the pictures! I know what you mean about getting more joy from the Z50. I really miss the days when I carried my Coolpix 4500 everywhere in my purse and had so much fun with it. I like colors of the moss(?) on the tree. I was wondering what post-processing went into these pictures.
Hi Miriam!! I did do my normal post processing. I did some work in Lightroom and then some of them have some additional processing in Nik Color Efex Pro. Thank you for the nice compliment!!

What a lovely set of images Terri. I’m glad to hear you’re still enjoying the Baby Z. I know I love mine.

(Mike - I know you’ll enjoy you new Z50 too. I still can’t believe my wife didn’t want to keep it, but the D500 is plenty good in it’s own way too)

JLH

Terri: We do not know each other but I follow your posts and your photo journeys. For the past year, like many, I have been batting around adding a mirrorless camera to my collection but just couldn't decide on which way to go. I am not a Beta tester on camera gear so I have sat back and waited to see how people did with their various cameras. Well, after your OP and photos and all the positive comments I had considered the Z6 but I have a D750 and it gets less use than my DX bodies. Seems DX suits most of what I do more than the FF cameras. I decided to go with the Z50 and went with two lens kits with the adapter for my collection of other Nikon lenses. I look forward to trying my little 85mm macro on it as I tend to use a camera like this on a lot of closeup work, flowers, insects, etc. I hope that works out as it should make a very nice light and compact kit. I also hope the 10-20 will function on it as I seem to use that lens a lot also. In the past I have been using a D5200 for my "light weight" camera. I think this Z50 will replace that camera. (and I have have great experiences with the D5200, no complaints with it).

Terri: We do not know each other but I follow your posts and your photo journeys. For the past year, like many, I have been batting around adding a mirrorless camera to my collection but just couldn't decide on which way to go. I am not a Beta tester on camera gear so I have sat back and waited to see how people did with their various cameras. Well, after your OP and photos and all the positive comments I had considered the Z6 but I have a D750 and it gets less use than my DX bodies. Seems DX suits most of what I do more than the FF cameras. I decided to go with the Z50 and went with two lens kits with the adapter for my collection of other Nikon lenses. I look forward to trying my little 85mm macro on it as I tend to use a camera like this on a lot of closeup work, flowers, insects, etc. I hope that works out as it should make a very nice light and compact kit. I also hope the 10-20 will function on it as I seem to use that lens a lot also. In the past I have been using a D5200 for my "light weight" camera. I think this Z50 will replace that camera. (and I have have great experiences with the D5200, no complaints with it).
If you like your D5200, I bet you will love the Z50. I will be excited to hear what you think about it.

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
A lovely record of what looks like a nice day out. Some great scenery!

We all get too wound up about having the best cameras and lenses for our outings. This set shows us you can get great results with what today passes for "modest" gear.

I could probably live with just my Z7 with the 24-200 plonked on it for most of my photography. Test charts and huge blow ups in camera reviews might say that this lens is lacking, but in real life it produces great results.

We can say the same thing about your Z50 with its "kit" lens. Since the D70, Nikon seem to have always tried to produce high performing kit lenses to go with their "consumer" gear.

JLH

I get my Z50 on Monday, they had to have one sent over from another one of their stores as they were out of stock locally. I look forward to enjoying it. I have "too many" cameras as it is and I freely admit it. I should sell off some but I have trouble letting go. My cameras are full of memories. Photography motivates me to get out and see things, to take a closer look at the world. We all have different reasons to pursue photography be it a hobby or a profession, a form of expression, whatever. I like the concept of the Z as its compact, easy to carry all day and seems to work well. I know I will enjoy it just as much, or even more, than my current collection. I don't see it as a "do it all" solution. My D500 and D750 are both loved and used often as are my others. Each of these bodies has something special to offer. I am not, however, sure if I will keep my 5200 after using the Z50. Time will tell. My 5200 has been great and would be difficult to let go of.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom