My Tokina 11-16....matrix only exposure issue

exposes a FULL stop over in all Matrix metering...but is DEAD ON in spot or center exposures....what gives?

Any ideas....

Guy with a 100 macro had a similar overexposure issue with 2 samples, till he gave up on Tokina...

Hints...suggestions???

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't notice that with my copy, on a D200 and D300.

Did you check in an environment with even lighting? i.e., background is about same brightness as center?

I have been wondering that about *all* my lenses. But I think it's because I fiddled with something in camera and can't remember what, so I have weird exposure issues. Could that be it?

Does this happen if you point the camera at a grey card filling the frame?

My instinct is that exposures will be identical between spot,matrix and center in the above scenario.

Unless the lens has a mechanical defect (ie aperture blades not closing quickly enough, or mis-calibrated level) the lens doesn't have a whole lot to do with exposure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is on a D300. Confirmed against white and gray walls....I agree exposures should be identical but they are not. Lens is overexposing significantly in Matrix mode...any ideas other than back to Tokina?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom