My top 5 images for discussion (Terri French)

I wish everyone had their names in their titles for discussion.
Here are my 5.

In 2006 my oldest daughter was pregnant with twins. She had the complication of toxemia when she was about 26 weeks pregnant. She was on bedrest at home for two weeks, then in the hospital for two weeks. Finally the doctor felt her situation was serious enough that we could lose both her and the twins and they did an emergency c-section at 30 weeks gestation. The twins were both about 2 1/2 lbs. They were fighters and are 13 years old now and doing great. But, it was a very scary time for us. This photo was taken the first time my daughter got to see her babies. It was an emotional experience on so many levels. She was still so sick and the babies were still very touch and go. Technically the photo has so many problems, but it will always stir up so many emotions in me. I was there with her through it all. The cafe was a huge support to me at that time, and some of you may remember the experience. I received so many kind messages and even some gifts for the babies from members here.

These are all images I have an emotional connection to not necessarily anything great.
_DSC6250.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Snake River running through my home town in the fall. Taken many years ago. The building in the distance is the temple where Greg and I were married.
_DSC8901_2_3_4_5_6-Edit copy.jpg

Teton Park is only two hours away from our home. It is one of our special places. It was a thrill being there during this beautiful sunset.

DSC_6105 (1).jpg

We also love the narrows hike in Zion National Park. This was taken the first time we went. What a thrilling experience that day was.

_DSC9181_2_3_4-Edit.jpg

Our town has a local magazine called Idaho Falls Magazine. Every year they have a photography contest. I won the grand prize with this photo a few years ago. A print of it is hanging in our local hospital.

_DSC1114-Edit.jpg

Stunning, not just because this is familiar country, but because it reflects you! To me, #2 is my favorite emotionally and culturally. #1 is gut wrenching, and the rest sooth us like landscapes should.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Strong photos because of your emotional connection to them! I believe that the images we create reveal a bit about the photographer who took them! Excellent choices!

Excellent work Terri. I really like #2 with the Twin Falls temple in the background and also #5 of the bears. Very nice. I would like to see #2 printed large on a metal and feel very certain that this would have a market it you wanted to pursue that.

Excellent work Terri. I really like #2 with the Twin Falls temple in the background and also #5 of the bears. Very nice. I would like to see #2 printed large on a metal and feel very certain that this would have a market it you wanted to pursue that.
Thank you, Gordon. I have printed that one on metal and have it hanging in my house. I haven't ever pursued selling it, but have had a lot of local people tell me that they like it.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom