My top 5 images for discussion.

What I would rate is my best [luckiest] shot was early in the morning when I was on a tour in my photovan just leaving the outskirts of Hamilton, New Zealand. I saw this deer farm and the sun was coming up through the fog.
Shot with the D40 and an 18-200mm lens.

wai+deer+005cc.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Next a high speed image shot at 1 1/2 seconds with two SB800 flashes at 1/128th sec which freezes the motion at 1/41600th sec. D90 with 18-105mm lens.

wpzabulbsmash+015.jpg

Top landscape image. I was sitting watching a movie on my laptop at the campground near Patea, NZ, because the gloomy weather made the photos boring. Then I saw the sky going pink and raced to the lookout. The sand was stinging my legs from the high winds but the light! The sun was now peeking through a small gap in the clouds on the horizon.

wai+seascape+214.jpg

Top "people" shot. Emily was lying in the water as I set up a 'mirror shot' like Joe McNally has in one of his books. This is what I love about zoom lenses - I was shooting with the D40 and 18-200mm lens and simply zoomed wide to show the "BTS" of the shoot and liked this one the best.

wSmokemirr+166.jpg

Top water balloon shot, hmmmmmm, I have several favourites but I suppose I must choose the one that National Geographic shared on their 125th yearly photography magazine and actually paid me to share in their book "Rarely seen".
D90, 70-200mm f2.8.

aapop1+011.jpg

This is an 'also ran' :)
aaPYDSC_2669.jpg

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
A top rate set. I like the originality of picture of Emily with the mirror very much.

This is actually one of my favourites but not what I'd call a top image :)
flames.jpg

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom