My transportation in Cuba

Awesome shot! When I was there in '99 (legally) I would only use taxies that used American cars. Eventually ended up using an illegal driver named "Dr. Carlos", he made more money as a driver than as a Doctor. Beautiful people and a beautiful country

Beautiful image, Wim!

It's like looking back in time.
It always puzzled me how these cars are still operational after all those years.
And how they can afford to use them with the exorbitant consumption of fuel cars from that era needed.
Cuba doesn't have oilfields of its own, I think.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Beautiful image, Wim!

It's like looking back in time.
It always puzzled me how these cars are still operational after all those years.
And how they can afford to use them with the exorbitant consumption of fuel cars from that era needed.
Cuba doesn't have oilfields of its own, I think.
Thanks Bart Most of the cars have an other engine ,, a china made 5 cilinder diesel engine,, and cuba does have oilfields but only to use for ther power/boilerhouses , not for the cars ,, the imported the fuel from Venezuela as an exchange for Venezuelan students who can study cheaply on Cuba

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Eventually ended up using an illegal driver named "Dr. Carlos", he made more money as a driver than as a Doctor. Beautiful people and a beautiful country
I was there in 2017 and toured in one of the classic cars. Our tour guide was a college professor and she said she made more money with the tours than she did teaching.

You are absolutely correct when you say that it's a beautiful country with wonderful people.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom