My try with the KingFisher

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bfjr, Sep 26, 2005.

1. bfjr

bfjr Guest

think I finally got some good ones........ you good folks will let me know though

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    The ones around here elude me. These are great. Now, i'll just have to try harder to get a Kingfisher.

Thanks for sharing, you done good!

3. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Ben :

Nice, nice work. Kingfishers are not only hard to land a shot of at any reasonable distance, they're darned hard to nail the exposure for, given their white, navy blue and black areas.

Well done, sir, especially shot no. 4 !!!

John P.

4. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent Ben. Its about time that you got one.

5. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    WTG!!! Excellent shots. The one I try to get is very difficult!

6. great shots trish, but the third is spectacular. Great color and sharpness in a flight shot of a near impossible bird to capture in flight. Howd you get so close...

7. Nice, nice shots, Ben. I like the last one veru much.

8. Most excellent pics; especially that last one...

9. Question for BenF

Ben
    Simply stuning. I really like.... Well I really like them all :biggrin:

When you say 420mm Focal lenght is that with the crop factor, a lens tc combination or a long lens not at maximum?

Rich

10. Ben, these are great! But I have to say my favorite is the last one. Even though the background fence is kinda ugly, the isolation of the bird is fantastic! I also like the underside of the wing detail. Very nice!

11. Getting a flying Kingfisher in focus and exposed correctly is no mean feat - well done!

12. Great job Ben!! no easy feat, well done. Bet it was hard to get the smile off your face :smile:

13. I think this is the first time I have realized that they have this colorful area under their wing. Nicely done Ben.

14. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thanks for looking and commenting Partick
    I love to give inspiration
    :biggrin:

15. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thanks John
    Have to give a lot of credit to Lady Luck, got good light and the wind kept her (I was told this was a female) from flying as quickly around as they normally do!!

16. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Yeah Yeah

Hey where's yours ??? :wink: :biggrin:

17. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Evening Harris
    It's not that I got so close, it's was more a matter of late afternoon light and wind that kept her from flying at there usual breakneck speed. I just stayed in one place once I found them and let her come to me.

18. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thanks Trish

19. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Most excellent of you to view and comment

20. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hey Rich hope you got my PM?
    anyway 420mm = 300F4 + TC1.4e2
    glad you like