My tunded Domke F2 interior

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by misupix, Jun 22, 2005.

1. When purchasing Photo gear, I often find something not function like I thought and end up tinkering around till it fits my needs.

After having a little time at hand, I thought I could share my little gathered experiences about photo-gear.

I love my Domke F2, but was never completely happy about the inserts (only 4 compartments and when compartments are used, the D70 with attached 70-200 won't fit in)

So I made my own interior out of Kata Dividers (can be easily exchanged with the original inserts):

This way, I have a upper and lower compartment and two full height compartments.

lower compartment for 70-200 VR or two other lenses.

upper compartment for D70 with either lens attached, fits even with 70-200 VR + 1.4x
    View attachment 10878

full height compartment for SB800 and 12-24 DX + Kenko 1.4x

Doesn't look very professional, but works very well. :wink: :wink: :wink:

more pictures can be seen at:
    http://www.pbase.com/mcschuster/my_photostuff&page=all

2. papa85

papa85 Guest

Hi Mike, I looked at your site on how you custimized your F2 domke bag I have the new J2 bag and it is higher as so you can stand up the 70-200 and not be sticking up over the top of the bag.I really like it.

3. Brian

Brian

Apr 30, 2005
    Toronto
    Hi Mike,

Interesting. Just tried to put the Lowepro Reporter 300 inserts in my F2 and it fits. Time for me to do some rearrangement to make my F2 more useful.

Thanks for the idea.