My turn at St Augustine

Discussion in 'Birds' started by flygirl1, May 6, 2007.

1. Hi all. Harry got some great shots the other day!! Well, I was up there the weekend and thought I would share a few. Boy, was it HOT!!! But, lots of babies and birds going through their mating things.:biggrin: Even the alligators were making some REALLY big noises as they, well, you know,:tongue: :eek: :biggrin: .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers all
    Nancy

2. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Great shots Nancy

3. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    These are all top notch images Nancy!

4. Thanks all. On the first one I had my flash on BalTTL, but decreased on the flash to -2.0 and matrix metering. Seemed to be just the right amount. Still learning, especially with the flash.

Nancy

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice set Nancy. I sure wish that I could be down there shooting with you folks.

6. Thanks:smile: Come on down!

Nancy

7. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Very nice Nancy especially the cattle egret shots.

Those cattle egrets have the most amazing colors during their mating season. Its funny because I spend most of the year ignoring them (they usually aren't very interesting subjects) but during mating season its a whole different story.

8. Thanks Harry! It is amazing that they turn so stunning. And, I was with you and ignored them totally:smile: .

All the best
    Nancy

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice work Nancy
    Yep hot is is . To early for that hot.

10. Very nice Nancy! That last shot is excellent.

Anthony

11. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    nice big bird shots! So, where's the alligator shots? Not that they are nearly as photogenic ;)

12. Thanks Raymond, Gale, Anthony and Doug:smile: ! As far as the alligators go, they kept ducking under the water:wink: . Although we all had a smoke afterwards:tongue: :biggrin: :biggrin: . I got another shot with the babies. I cannot decide which one I prefer?

[​IMG]

Best
    Nancy