My two boys

Discussion in 'People' started by sypher, Apr 8, 2007.

1. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Set up my "studio" in the front room today. The youngest (6 months), Alex, was a better subject than the oldest (3yrs), Brandon. We had to come back and do Brandon a couple of hours later.

Alex
    [​IMG]

Should I move the fill light more to the side to avoid two catch lights in his eye's? They are both about 45 degrees to the camera in these pictures.

Brandon
    [​IMG]

2. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    Both of these at 1.8?

3. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

awesome light.....

4. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    James,
    Yes they are at 1.8...I have some others of the two together and I don't like them as much because the dof just isn't as good. Thanks for looking.

Thanks topher...cls sure makes it a lot easier:biggrin:

5. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    I think I would like first better at 2.2-2.8 and second at about 2.8 plus. Maybe I just like to have more of the face sharper, but that is me.

6. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    James,
    I went back and looked at the photo's and the first one is actually 5.6, and the second one is 1.8.
    I don't like the second one as much as the first. I think it is a combo of the 1.8 and his expression. But, he wasn't being very cooperative so...:frown:

7. I have never minded catch light in the eyes, it just seems normal to me. Cute pictures of your boys Brain and the lighting looks good. Your right about CLS doing a good job. Both your boys are good looking but I like the second image the best. I know how hard it can be to get one that age to cooperate.

8. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Gordon,
    thank you.
    The funny thing is that Brandon used to be such a ham for the camera about a month ago. Now he just wants to do his own thing...which I don't mind, except when I am trying to do something a little more formal for the wife...then we both (brandon and I) get frazzled:biggrin: :biggrin: