My U-10 Girls

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Ottrott's Human, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    I don't do much sports photography and am therefore not very adept at it. I coach a U-10 Girls Challenge team though. I just love coaching and I love "my" kids. I took these last weekend. Since it was a scrimmage match it was a good opportunity to just shoot and let the girls do their thing without me feeling pressure to coach from the sidelines:

My Daughter Anna (Left Forward)....the league's leading scorer 3 seasons in a row( I can brag right?:smile: ):
    447757984_c6cd50c650_o.

Our Mighty Might Right Forward....Bella
    447757998_8ed6fa7341_o.

Bella again with a high kick:biggrin: :
    447756038_029696ef57_o.

My co-coach's daughter Kayli (Mid Field)....a phenomenal athlete and all around awesome kid-o:
    447756030_bb91adf871_o.

Our fearless goalie Alexa:
    447756028_29c59c0d9b_o.

Beautiful Left Forward Nichole:
    447756020_462d0eb5b8_o.

Center Forward and extremely aggressive/talented player Alyssa:
    447756022_7cef10e3be_o.

Wiz-kid Rebecca. Playing Challenge in only her second season. She's a natural:
    447756032_01aa23c4b8_o.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2007
  2. Well Stuart, you should do this more often. These are very very good. You got the best of both worlds, a little action and some great portraits or as we say in this neck of the woods, sportraits. Great job, post up some more!

3. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Thanks Tyrone. It's kind of funny because as a portrait photographer I just couldn't resist!!!!:biggrin: My wife was kidding me about it when I was processing them. "Sportraits"!!! I like that!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

4. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Stuart...I seem to spend all my time shooting sports and I don't have anything this good...
    As Ty says - you should do this more often...I really look forward to some more of your shots.

5. Stuart, these are great. Glad to see you out of the studio and into the world of girls soccer.

I see a 300mm, f2.8 VR in your future!

6. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Rod.....that's mighty kind of you, but I checked out you SmugMug site so I know you are just trying to make me feel good!!!:biggrin: Thanks though!

Ha! maybe if I had studied medicine rather than history!!:wink:

7. Great job nice exposures crisp shots of faces and emotions and real nice tight crops way to go

8. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Thanks Mike......I learned most of what I know about sports photography (which isn't much yet admittedly) from you and your posts so your comments really mean a lot. I enjoyed doing this enough that I may start going to the local HS games to practice.
    It's really a lot of fun!:smile:

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    It's difficult to add to what the others have offered, you really did a nice job shooting there soccer game. I sure hope that the players and their families get copies for future memories.

10. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Thanks Frank! I maintain a website for the team and I just recently added a photo's page. The parents can download the web sixed versions for desktop pic's or request certain images be delivered as prints free of charge. So far I have had a few requests for prints.....the parents seem to be enjoying the photo's! Just one more reason I'm glad I took up this hobby.:smile:

11. Stu............ have to admit............ these are good!

Definitely have your stamp on them, which I like.............. the comp/crops work well and are tack sharp all the way through.

For what it's worth.... if they were my kids (and i KNOW Anna is here too!)............. I'd buy a print!

That may be something you could consider........... sports portraiture! :biggrin:

Excellent work.............. and improved over your last soccer post......

Sorry........ that should have read "football"........... :cool: :cool: :cool:

G

12. Stuart, very nice series! Your team looks like a happy bunch of kids. I had to smile as I saw that portrait in between, thought as well that you couldn't resist :wink:, and with good reason...
    Bella scaring Nichole(?) with her high-kick looks very funny too, made me chuckle.