1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My very first drive ...

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Minuteman3, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Although the technical quality is NOT good ... I found this image yesterday and it almost brought tears to my eyes. It's the car I learned to drive in, c1966.

Old T-bird & Airplane at Oswald's (2).jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's a 1965 Ford Thunderbird Landau. Had a red leather interior. My Dad loved T-birds; this was #2 in a long line. His first was a '63 that I never liked. (It was pink with a lavender/purple-ish interior and a white vinyl top!! Yuck!!) He kept buying 'Birds well into the 80's.

Had a lot of fun in this one ... license test (pass 1st time), proms, dates, my first kiss, etc!!;) 

Ken

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. and the car is still in 1 piece!!!! :rolleyes: 

I like the "etc!!" :joyful: 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey, I was only 16/17 at the time ... :rolleyes: 

Ken

4. I know what I was thinking at that age---it was f-stops, ISO and focal length :LOL: 

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. About all I had was access to a Polaroid (which was the original source for this scan).

Of course, if you had seen my high school girlfriend .... perhaps you would have thought of something else!! :)  But, that's another, non-automotive, kind of discussion!!

Ken

6. I was being most facetious above! I'm sure I did NOT know what all of that alphabet soup meant back then.
    Back on track, that is a very nice color--and much better than, gulp, pink!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.