My Very First Osprey In-Flight Shot

On a tip from another Illinois birder, my wife and I tracked down the roost to find this Osprey holding down the fort. As we approached, he/she took flight and insisted on checking us out. The sunlight was rather difficult, but this image came out alright. I only cropped about 10%. I shot with a D2H, Nikon 300mm f/2.8 and 1.4x TC.....handheld.

79038413.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I was thrilled to come home with this image and I plan to get out there again this week for a few more. I am inspired by the excellant images that I see here each and every day.

On a tip from another Illinois birder, my wife and I tracked down the roost to find this Osprey holding down the fort.

Great shot Frank! Where did you find this guy .... in and around our neighborhood or did you have to travel a fair bit of distance to see him?

Great shot Frank! Where did you find this guy .... in and around our neighborhood or did you have to travel a fair bit of distance to see him?

Thanks Shekhar...I found this guy at a forest preserve just east of Bell Road at 131st Street in Lemont. A short 25-minute drive from my home.

Way to go Frank,that 300 2/8 is a great piece of glass will be watching for more.At just 25 min drive I am sure we will be seeing more of this fine creature thanks for sharing.:smile:

Oohohhhh I'm jealous! Beautiful shot Frank! now wait until you see what I got today!:rolleyes: :wink: :biggrin: :tongue: :biggrin:

Way to go Frank,that 300 2/8 is a great piece of glass will be watching for more.At just 25 min drive I am sure we will be seeing more of this fine creature thanks for sharing.:smile:

Congrats on your first osprey flight shot. Very nice capture Frank.

Thanks everyone, I plan to head back there real soon.

Latest threads

Top Bottom