My very first post in this forum, Eagles, Cedar Waxwings,

This is my first time on this forum posting. Many names are familiar to me from following that other forum. I went out with another member yesterday, Bill Dewey and had a chance to capture some eagles. I shoot with the D100 which sure can be a challenge with these birds, I also just acquired the Sigma 500 f4.5. All these pictures here were shot with this combination. Bill has already posted lots of great pictures, so I will only put up a couple of mine. Also, I am posting a few from a local park here in the Seattle area that I took last week when we had some sun. Feel free to critique these as that is how I will learn.

44324359.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 9977

View attachment 9978

View attachment 9979

View attachment 9980

View attachment 9981 [/url]

Hey, Jim, great way to intro yourself to the bunch here. Looks like you are doing what I am on this dreary day, posting and getting ready for a Florida trip :lol: .

Good stuff, catch you later.

Thanks Bill. Yes, I can't believe how lucky we were with the weather yesterday compared with today. I still have lots left on my honey do list today, but what the heck, it can wait a little longer. I am looking forward to the Florida trip. Just wish I could have time to hook up with many of the fine people here. Maybe next time. Thanks again for yesterday. It was great.

Jim thanks for your comments. I am in awe of your photography and the shots you have of the owls just take my breath away. I would love to have your talent. You are a real inspiration to me.

Russ, thank you for looking and your kind words. This is the first time I have been around so many eagles at one time. For the most part they were pretty far away, but we did manage to find a couple of opportunities to get some a little closer in. Having the 500 and 1.4tc did help for sure.

Russ, thank you for looking and your kind words. This is the first time I have been around so many eagles at one time. For the most part they were pretty far away, but we did manage to find a couple of opportunities to get some a little closer in. Having the 500 and 1.4tc did help for sure.

Many thanks all for your kind words and making my first post an enjoyable experience. There are so many great people posting such fine images it really makes me want to go out and take more pictures. I will be taking a trip to Miami and Key West later this week. I hope to find some birds we don't have here in the Pacific NW. If anyone knows of any good spots in this area please let me know. Thanks again all.

PGB

Very nice James.

Welcome to the forum. The bird forum is an addictive place to hang out. :) Please post some Eagles so we can get our fix.

Regards,

Welcome to the forum James. My favorite bird of all time is the ceder waxwing such an elegant looking we sometimes get them here in south Fl during the winter but I have never been able to capture one you did a great job.

Thanks again to all for the warm welcome. I too love the waxwings. I had never seen one until a couple of weeks ago. Yes, this birding thing is becoming very addictive. I hope to find some new birds to shoot in a few days in South Florida.

Excellent series James. Wish I could get Eagles like these. We had a mating pair in our area in February, but you often had to wait hours to see them fly.

Welcome to the Cafe BTW.

N

Neo

The Cedar Waxwing image is amazing, I just love the colours and you really do him justice. Were these taken in Discovery Park by any chance?

Latest threads

Top Bottom