my very first succesful Macro shot.

N

NiwRaD

and I think I did Okay.

Landed on my box in my room...grabbed my D80 and attached my Sigma 105mm and SB-600 then Fire Away!!

DSC_0038.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

an now it's in the trash, Smashed....:frown: (wife's wants it not me)

Darwin,
It's a good start. Flys are good test subjects. In fact, I think every body has shot at least one fly... here is one of mine ( Click here ) and scroll down.

You may want to stop down a bit to maybe f/8 - f/10 to get a bit more depth of field, and possibly up your ISO to get a faster shutter speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NiwRaD

Darwin,
It's a good start. Flys are good test subjects. In fact, I think every body has shot at least one fly... here is one of mine ( Click here ) and scroll down.

You may want to stop down a bit to maybe f/8 - f/10 to get a bit more depth of field, and possibly up your ISO to get a faster shutter speed.

thanks for your input. my fly doesnt come close to your fly at all...I was just lucky to have that shot.
I didnt really have much time to change the settings fearing the fly will actully fly so i just dialed in without looking and Fire....and depend on my flash for light....lol...as I recall i shot with F/4 or 5.6...Im still learning in Photography thats why I was amazed how my Fly turned out.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL excellent story :smile: You need to dig him out of the trash so we can see a postmortem. I bet you can use a slower shutter speed. :smile:

LOL excellent story :smile: You need to dig him out of the trash so we can see a postmortem. I bet you can use a slower shutter speed. :smile:

Hilarious idea!

I'm sure Darwin's wife would object to him slicing up bugs however.

Nice shot nontheless, it's great when photo ops appear just out of the blue

N

NiwRaD

lol haha, I did thought of that, at least this time i dont have to worry about it flying....

thanks for everyone's comment.

N

NiwRaD

Hilarious idea!

I'm sure Darwin's wife would object to him slicing up bugs however.

Nice shot nontheless, it's great when photo ops appear just out of the blue

yeah it took 4 shots to get it right.....she ask " why am i taking a picture of the box?" and then i put the card in the PS3 memory card reader and viewed the pics on my 42" TV Crystal Clear!!
she grossed out and hunts for the fly and killed it. She's good on that...lol

Maybe just a little CS to bring the midtones and lights up a bit. Have fun, macro and a good flash will keep you busy for a long time:)

N

NiwRaD

Maybe just a little CS to bring the midtones and lights up a bit. Have fun, macro and a good flash will keep you busy for a long time:)

Yeah i agree, i didnt do any editing in this pic except for cropping it....
I got more addicted with my D80 ever since i got my Sigma Macro...Its a whole new world out there where you cant see it close enough...:biggrin:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom