My very first water drop keeper!

Indeed.
It must be quite easy to change density and tones (colours) when working with liquids.
The shape you end up with will probably most of the time escape your control.
Seems like a perfect creative challenge for someone with your vision and skills, Mike.

Thanks, Bart!

That's because the properties of clear water as they apply to photographing them are the same as the properties of transparent glass.

Real Name
Chris
The lack of control is appealing. That's because when I'm in my makeshift studio, every other kind of photography I do allows total control that is subject only to the laws of physics.
That’s one of the original reasons I started to get into this genre was because it was to a certain extent not controlled. I think it’s fun experimenting with different solutions and coloring and lighting to see how it all affects the final capture.

Good start, Mike. You can control the shape somewhat with timing, droplet size, and the other parameters in play. But you can seldom get an exact duplicate, just something close. But any variation of any single parameter will modify the shape appearance. This is part of the fun -- playing with the variables to come up with a unique and appealing image that catches your eye and imagination.

Thanks, Jack!

You can control the shape somewhat with timing, droplet size, and the other parameters in play. But you can seldom get an exact duplicate, just something close.
I would be surprised if we could ever get an exact duplicate. That's one of the appealing aspects of water drop photography at least to me so far, who has the extremely limited experience of having just two keepers. TWO! :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom