My visit to Bodmin (1)

Real Name
John A Alexander
Lucky me - I had to spend 2 days in Bodmin on business this week so I took the opportunity to explore this lovely area of North Cornwall. Nice sunny weather was an added bonus!

BTW - I have used the geo tagging feature of Nikon's View NX2 for the first time and can recommend it as an easy way of adding the location data to your EXIF data.

1)

North Hill Church-1 by johnaalex, on Flickr

2)

North Hill Church-3 by johnaalex, on Flickr

3)

North Hill Church-4 by johnaalex, on Flickr

4)

River Inny,Trekelland Bridge-1 by johnaalex, on Flickr

5)

River Inny,Trekelland Bridge-2 by johnaalex, on Flickr

JusPlainCrayzee

Administrator
Administrator
No way; there really is a place called Bodmin??

I first heard the name on "Doc Martin" (I love that show!!), but I though all the names of the towns were ficticious. These are great JohnAlex - I especially like the ones of the stained glass; well done!

'BODMIN; A place of unemployed, underaged, sexed up females and males. Also known as 'Chav capital of Cornwall'. Bodmin is home to many chavs, skets, pikeys... whatever you would like to call them. Bodmin is also in some ways a very atttractive place to visit, eg if your looking for one night stands and pubs then this is the place to go!'

I can quote the above as I am from Cornwall (but not Bodmin) :biggrin:

There also used to be a famous mental hospital there so it has always had a sinister resonance for us. 'Going to Bodmin' is a local insult.

Lovely shots though :wink:

'BODMIN; A place of unemployed, underaged, sexed up females and males. Also known as 'Chav capital of Cornwall'. Bodmin is home to many chavs, skets, pikeys... whatever you would like to call them. Bodmin is also in some ways a very atttractive place to visit, eg if your looking for one night stands and pubs then this is the place to go!'

I can quote the above as I am from Cornwall (but not Bodmin) :biggrin:

There also used to be a famous mental hospital there so it has always had a sinister resonance for us. 'Going to Bodmin' is a local insult.

Lovely shots though :wink:
You must be very wealthy to live somewhere in London not to have much the same variety of residents as your evaluation of Bodmin Lucky You,OH yes I still live in Cornwall and love it and the mental hospital is now a very fine hospital that you would more than happy to visit if your health warranted, sorry to have to post this reply but I feel most posters here will understand.

You must be very wealthy to live somewhere in London not to have much the same variety of residents as your evaluation of Bodmin Lucky You,OH yes I still live in Cornwall and love it and the mental hospital is now a very fine hospital that you would more than happy to visit if your health warranted, sorry to have to post this reply but I feel most posters here will understand.
Actually I could never afford to live in Cornwall any more. Most of the people I went to school with moved away like me so they could find work. It now seems to be full of non-natives with second homes who have ruined the place. But London is interesting in that the rich and the poor live side by side, often in the same street whereas in Cornwall it's very much either a nice town or a horrid town. I loved Falmouth when I went to College there many years ago although I expect it has changed a lot since then but my parents live in East Cornwall which is not so nice and the unemployment is still very high. Which is why I eventually moved to London where I rent a room in a shared house. You must be very wealthy not to have to move out!

Real Name
John A Alexander
Very nice John, a great place for sure and with plenty to photograph which you have done so very well.
Thanks Geoff.

No way; there really is a place called Bodmin??

I first heard the name on "Doc Martin" (I love that show!!), but I though all the names of the towns were ficticious. These are great JohnAlex - I especially like the ones of the stained glass; well done!
Trust me, writers seldom have to invent names for English Towns and villages - there are more than enough to pick from including such notables as Titty Ho in Northamptonshire and Ugley, near Bishop's Stortford. :biggrin:

Very nice photos! I like #2 & #5 the best.
Thanks Rob.

Latest posts

Top Bottom