My weekend #2 (85 1.4 and 50 1.8 with pregnant friend)

Continuation of my post on my busy weekend with the 85 1.4 and 40 1.8 stuffed in my purse!

Also at lunch with the twins was my other friend who's pregnant - the twin's Mom was saying how sad she was that she only has one snapshot of when she was pregnant and how although she didn't feel like it at the time, she wished she had taken more photos. So I took a few photos:

#1 Ugh - blew out the background

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 I blew out her face - was struggling with the light from the window

#3 More disastrous metering! Underexposed!! Added the brownish filter to try to make it a pensive shot

#4 Friend and husband - messing around with PP

Thanks for looking! I think I will stay away from windows as backgrounds for now. I think I should have sat in the window seat and shot her with the window light falling on her more evenly - any C&C/suggestions VERY welcome

These are good...just a little blown out...but I get the feel of these images. The first one is just beautiful. I remember being in that condition like it was just yesterday. I loved being pregnant.

You need a huge reflector (6 foot reflector) to bounce some of that light that is coming into the window on to her face. I recently bought one...cost me $99.00 on a stand.

Leah just a couple needed flash fill.

Thank you Seneca. I am clueless with my SB800s but have 2 full day classes coming up (one on basic studio lighting, the other on "lighting with strobes") and I'm hoping this will help me.

The reflector idea is something I totally didn't think of - I have a round "pop up" reflector, I tried it once but got really bad silver or gold glare on the faces. I will dig this out and try again and look into a larger version.

Thank you again :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom