My wife and me...

two "backstage" shots...

My wife, watching tv... - D200 + 50 F1.4 + Metz 58 AF1
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

me, self-shot, probably the parallax error could be even nicer than a straight shot... :tongue: D200 + 50 F1.4 + in-camera flash

Loved your photo off your wife. A photo with alot off soul. I like this kind off people shoots when people are in their natural poses. This is the poses I remmember from the people i love. I never think off my loved ones standing straight in front off me. I remmember them by their style they sit in a sofa, how they eat and how they laugh. Like my grandmother she always put the feets on the table but nag on others if they do the same ;-)

I often feel that traditional portraits is a bit uptight.

well...I hope she doesn't turn into a Mediterranean Mother/Monster in Law someday because I've got one of those and let me tell you, it's about time to put an ocean between us.

Italian. And if you can imagine the stereotype of the --buttinsky overprotective temper tantrum do anything for attention from her son-- monster-in-law, that's what I've got. To the 1000000000th degree.

Let me guess... usually this kind of women are of two genres here:
one from chubby to very fat, which never understood that food isn't so healthy if taken in huge doses,usually smoking and typical of central/southern Italy (whose son is a KING) and another one very slim and tall, almost anoressic as well acid... I really understand you... mine is first case... (but - hush hush...)

Fortunately, northern Italian women are quite different, closer to "european standards" for open mind and easygoing, but in southern Italy, where tradiction and status quo are still present, a woman has to be a woman and her son is always on top of her priorities even if when it's clear she's wrong or misjudging facts. A man should never work in the house. It's not good or honourable. The problem is when you are in a rush that you can't go out until she finishes cleaning the house, so losing a lot of time for nothing..

I grew up in a Polish-American family in Chicago in the 1950's. Men did not do housework; they were the breadwinners and women stayed home and were dedicated housewives. Despite the appearance of being the "king" of the house after fifteen years or so the wives were making all the clothing, appliance, child-rearing and socializing decisions. The husbands even let the wives decide which suit and tie to wear. The guys would come home and eat at 5:30 pm and watch TV until bedtime, which was 10:00 pm in the midwest. At 7:00 am they got up and went to work..and did the same routine until they died...rather early compared to the wives. By the time they were married thirty years "mama" was the de-facto boss. They all drove GM cars and wore fedoras (brimmed hats) when they went outside.

...but when they went outside the house they were the boss..or so it would seem. I suspect most European-based U.S. families in the mid-west were similar back then.

Thanks, Rich

well... she's neither of the type you described Dino... her mother lived to be 96 and she's obsessed about making sure she does the same (LUCKY ME). she's just normal size, but is on the exaggerated side about not eating anything with fat in it (but selectively), so everything is VALSOIA and soybean oil, and low-fat/no-fat cheese... The antithesis of Italian cuisine!!!! it's not even like I can say "OK, I'll bite the bullet and go over every sunday for lunch" because all of her food is weird tasting, and she uses sunday lunch with her two ADULT children to clean out all of the expired stuff... they've had food poisoning on numerous occasions, and 90% of the time when I have eaten there, I've been very sick afterwards...

Maybe she was trying to kill me...

I grew up in a Polish-American family in Chicago in the 1950's. Men did not do housework; they were the breadwinners and women stayed home and were dedicated housewives. Despite the appearance of being the "king" of the house after fifteen years or so the wives were making all the clothing, appliance, child-rearing and socializing decisions. The husbands even let the wives decide which suit and tie to wear. The guys would come home and eat at 5:30 pm and watch TV until bedtime, which was 10:00 pm in the midwest. At 7:00 am they got up and went to work..and did the same routine until they died...rather early compared to the wives. By the time they were married thirty years "mama" was the de-facto boss. They all drove GM cars and wore fedoras (brimmed hats) when they went outside.
That's a wonderful diary piece, Rich! Consider illustrating it with some vintage photos.

My wife, watching tv...

That's what you should have used when I asked to see a picture of your wife. She's truly beautiful. Shame on you for posting those unflattering pictures of her :mad:. If I showed bad pictures of my wife, I'd be sleeping in the backyard for a month and my camera budget would drop to zero for the next year.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom