Critique My wife broke another wine glass

Though I went away for only four days, when I returned we had one less wine glass. To be more accurate, we had the same number of wine glasses. It's just that one of them was no longer good for drinking wine. :eek:

Setup
The tabletop and background are a single sheet of semi-glossy presentation board. There were two medium continuous-light lamps, one behind the background on the left and the other in front of the background on the right. A flag in front of the lamp on the left created the shadow in the lower left area. The grain and split toning were added during post-processing.

Mike 2019-05-10--005-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Such a lovely wife you have ... creating shooting subjects for you and fiercely guarding them four whole days till your return.

I initially felt a slight bit of imbalance in the transition from bright to dark and thought perhaps the right side could be a touch darker or the left a touch brighter.
However, the more I look the more I think it is still cool as is.

Thank you to West, Glenn, Nick and Dayo!

The nuances and possibilities you guys mention are what make tabletop photography so appealing to me. That's because all of them you mentioned are valid; we can choose the look we want with no restrictions other than that we choose the look we like best at the time. I tried a variety of looks and this one put an extra kick in my step. (Yes, I realize that's not exactly the best thing to happen around broken glass. :eek:)

Last edited:
Hmmm.... Dark Port to light Rose?
I thought there was a dimple in the bg paper lower right, but then realized it's just light refracted through the base of the cup.
Nice shot. Thanks for sharing

Latest threads

Top Bottom