1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Critique My wife posing -Florida cloudy afternoon

Discussion in 'People' started by marine 337, Aug 12, 2018.

1. DSC_3471.JPG
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    DSC_3484.JPG
    DSC_3488aa.JPG
    DSC_3493.JPG
    DSC_3505 (2).JPG

2. Very nice, really like flower color contrast with the shirt/pants combo.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. 2, 3 & 4 work for me but I would have looked at those files to see if I had enough room to crop and straighten the subject (your wife) a bit. Given that your wife's hand is cut off in 2 & 4, I might have just left them alone. At least for me, the 2nd shot is the best; the colors really look nice. I'm not wild about 1 & 5 because of the lighting and WB, although 1 is still a nice shot. Finally, the tripod in the last shot is distracting. That looks like something I would do! I keep going back and looking and I still really like that second shot. I hope my comments are helpful.

4. I like #4 the best because of the lighting and pleasant look on your wives face. I would crop it square, print it and hang it up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The strength of all of the photos is that they show the subject's personality. Not at all easy to accomplish. Very well done!

There are two glaring weaknesses of the last photo: The light is very different in that photo than in all of the other photos, which is important to consider when presenting a series of photos. The other weakness is that the tripod in the background is included in the scene. As a result of both characteristics, the last photo doesn't stand up to the scrutiny of the other photos.

6. oops----I'm slipping. Composition, Composition, Composition, Composition,. Thx for the heads up
    Ken

7. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Pretty woman!!

8. I think #2 is best composition but you've cut off the end of her right hand. A few thoughts.
    • I would blur the background with an aperture adjustment closer to f/2.
    • The relative brightness of the background is a distraction, if you used flash you could expose her while suppressing the background.
    • The tripod in the background of the last one is a distraction.

9. Gordon---ya want her to shoot me.? I gotta beg her for an occasional pose------she's so vain.
    Ken

10. Right on the money---I'm learning Thx

Ken

11. Seneca----will let my wife know about your gracious comment. I always tell her how beautiful she is-----she is so vain. I've be blessed not only by her beauty but by he wit, respect and a wink. I've been calling her my Jamaican Queen for close to 30 years-----she really is a special woman.
    Ken

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.