My wife says I can buy a D2X

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Backdoctor, May 17, 2005.

1. cause my shots at the wedding look as good as the pro's. She figures there's good money in it. I HATE WEDDINGS. I'd rather have root canal than have to shoot a wedding as the primary photographer. I told her I dont know what formal shots to take, she says there's books. She figures, what, theres a few hours work shooting. I explain then there's post processing. She figures I can learn batch PP'ing.

I'll keep my D2H and stick to wildlife. :(

2. You, turning down a D2X.....Next thing we'll see is the Cubs winning the world series!
    :shock:

3. Rich, if she expects me to shoot weddings in order to buy a new body, I'll go back to an instamatic first. :roll:

Like I said, root canal looks better.

4. Do what I do, say "yes Dear", buy the body and never mention weddings again.

5. Hmmm, that would make it so I could take time getting a 200-400 or 500 f4. The HSC would help.

Of course, then I need another gig of ram and a 250mb ext. hd :twisted: :twisted:

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I have found that some people naturally know what shots to take, and some don't. I hate to be sexist, but in my limited experience, all the people who don't know are male. Must be a Y chromosome linked trait.

Like she said, there's books, or better yet, a girl assistant. ;)

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well Harris,

I you say only if you are my assistant and carry all of the gear :>))

So we will see you at the Merritt shoot with the D2X, I have no doubt about that.

When is it being delivered. :>)) Congrat.

(I KNOW you would not do that)

8. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Lets see, you just had one daughter graduate and another get married.
    I would say that is a job well done. And a job well done deserves a
    reward, and D2x just rolls of the tongue so nice.

9. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    You have a fine and understanding wife. I would buy the D2X immediately.

I, on the other hand, have just bought one, and am contemplating what to tell her when it arrives (and time is running out . . . :shock: ).

10. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Just given the fact it was even mentioned

has immediately started a snowball effect that cannot be stopped ;) Don't do for any other reason than the superior croppability of the X vs the H. Ya, there are other technological improvements too, but that's the biggie for me. Of course, if YOU get one, then Flew will have to have one, then.............
    Hope you get one buddy!

11. Hey my Red Sox did it last year :D

12. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Too Much

Harris, if you get a D2X we won't be able to contain your ability. You have gained so much with your D2H that I am continually amazed. By the way, thanks for your assistance when I bought the D2H. (Don Aldridge from DPR).

13. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    I'd say go for it! Life is short and we have few chances at the brass ring (for you youngsters its an old merry-go-round expression). I'm with you on the wedding thing though. I leave that to the wedding photographers that depend on weddings to make a living.

14. Re: Too Much

Don,

Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm glad I could be of help. Thats some list of gear you have. You should join us on one of our shoots some time.

Harris

15. You should get it before she changes her mind. :twisted:

If your wife realizes that shooting weddings takes you
    away from family for the weekend she may change her
    mind on weddings. or not.....

Cheers,
    Robin

16. Good idea Chris... then Harris's wife can be the assistant...lol...

17. Harris,

I think she is trying to tell you in a subtle way that after paying for the wedding of your daughter, you need to earn that money back and since there can be a lot of money made in weddings, this is why she is encouraging you...lol...

I hope someday in the future, I can take wedding pictures. I would love to. Not so much for the money, even though that is nice too, but because I love to go to weddings.

I only ever did once shoot a wedding and that was for a friend as a backup and I thoroughly enjoyed it and learned a few things about taking pictures at weddings but still have a long way to go.

18. Root canal? Shoot a wedding?
    Root canal? Shoot a wedding?

hmmm, root canal isnt all that bad. :?

19. I couldn't agree more, but if the payoff is a new D2x?

Tough decision! 12.4 Hmmm.....

20. Well, my last daughter should be getting engaged soon enough. This may lead to a D2X yet. 8)