My wife

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by greyflash, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Several of my friends have chided me because I have never put a picture of my wife on the Nikon Cafe. Well that is because she will never let me take one; however, while in Italy I managed to talk her into a photo or two. This image was taken near our villa and the light was magical, she even liked it.

Margene, mother of our 11 children, and grandmother to our 25 grandchhildren.

2. Well first of all tell here she has no reason to not wanting her photo taken, and isn't it funny how our wifes (because mine is the same) doesn't want to have their picture taken

Here is Melanie, and yes this is from a vacation as well in Amsterdam

3. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    11 kids :shock: - I get tired just thinking about it. You both deserve medals.
    I can barely keep up with my dog.

4. OK. Now I understand why your daughters are so beautiful.

Very nice job, Gordon :).

5. Hi Andreas, thanks for your comments. Your wife is lovely and I don't understand the no picture thing either. Maybe they lack confidence in our ability with the camera. :D

6. Hey Chris, thanks for your comments. My medals are my family.

7. Thanks Frank, the light really was magical. Also appreciate your comments about my daughters.

8. Nice shot Gordon! I really like the effect of the graduated light..

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Gordon, you cradle robber!

Nice warm pic!

10. 11 children? :shock:

Respect!!!

She is lovely.

11. Jay Keller

Jay Keller Guest

So do I, Greyflash, I like it a lot.

12. Gordon, in my father and mother time the families were big I mean 10+. When we had hollidays like christmas we assemble the groups were 40+, It was the good old time, a lot of fun and laugh.

13. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Very nicely done Gordon

She's lovely, and you did a great job of capturing her. Wow, 11 kids? OMG, I cannot fathom that. Kudos to the both of you!

14. ELEVEN!!! I salute you both.
    My 2 kids are giving me enough headache, and can't imagine how somebody can handle 11.

And you have a lovely wife (you must heard it at least a million times).

15. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Gordon, she's a beauty!

Now, as to the eleven kids...lucky man! I've always wanted a big family...Patrick and I talk about having more and when we saw that, we both said, "hmmmm...something to think about!". We have two now, but we'll be happy with whatever God sees fit to give us....be it 2 or 20 (well, maybe not 20, but we definitely want a houseful!).

Thanks so much for sharing (and for the inspiration)...Cheers to you and your wife!

16. You have a lovely wife, thank you for sharing, Gordon. My better half and the kids (only 4 :D :D ) are my favorite photo "targets" anytime.

17. Actually Chris I will be 71 next month and she is only a few years younger. I will admit that she is holding up better than me.

18. Thank you all for your gracious comments. Perhaps she will allow me to photograph her more often when she reads what you have had to say. :)

19. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    You lucked out on that one Gordon. She is a lovely woman. ;-)

Mine has the same strange aversion to the camera. As a result, all of my hiking pics of her are from behind. I'll admit that she has a nice figure, but I'd like to get some shot facing the other direction. :roll:

20. Thanks Frank. I too have some shots from behind or hidden in a group. Thanks for commenting.