My wife's Easter egg creations so far this year

My wife Hanusia's therapeutic creations so far this year. She chose to write in a variety of different styles. Some traditionally Ukrainian, some from the Trypillian culture style as well as others.

Pysanky%20on%20nest%201269-X3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Oh my! I enjoy these each year. How many eggs will she do? Do I remember correctly that they do not last for years?

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
She will do a couple dozen each year. They will last if taken care. I’ve had some for 20-30 years. Others 20-30 minutes until dropped :)
That's wonderful that you can keep them. What treasures!!!!!

The black/red one just below the blue/white one looks particularly detailed. Striking!

Those are beautiful, they should be on display in a museum. The detail is amazing.
Thanks Rick. Actually she was asked to send some to the Pysanka Museum in Ukraine when we were there last summer.u
That's wonderful that you can keep them. What treasures!!!!!

The black/red one just below the blue/white one looks particularly detailed. Striking!
That was done in a traditional Ukrainian style. Each character has symbolic meaning. With the coming of Easter rebirth and growth were typically part of a design. She sells some, and gives away others as gifts. Eg to a newly married couple.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
The one post I wait for year after year and once again you and your wife did not disappoint! These are truly beautiful and your wife is a master at her craft. Please convey my thanks to her for painting such wonderful pieces of art. And...thanks to you again, Bob, for photographing them so well!

The one post I wait for year after year and once again you and your wife did not disappoint! These are truly beautiful and your wife is a master at her craft. Please convey my thanks to her for painting such wonderful pieces of art. And...thanks to you again, Bob, for photographing them so well!
I am so happy that you enjoy these Lyndee. My wife and I are both grateful to have such wonderful feed back for something that we both love to do.

Your wife’s expertise painting these is remarkable. Craftmanship like this is becoming more rare as time passes. Enjoy seeing them every year in your posted photographs Bob.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Beautiful eggs! Great work - both your wife’s eggs and your image.

Your wife’s expertise painting these is remarkable. Craftmanship like this is becoming more rare as time passes. Enjoy seeing them every year in your posted photographs Bob.
Thank you for your kind words Brian. My wife tries to pass on the art by providing workshops, both formally and informally.
Beautiful eggs! Great work - both your wife’s eggs and your image.
Thank you from the both of us Phil

Real Name
Dan
Wow. Those are really beautiful, Bob. Compliments to the artist. Not a bad photo either.

Thank you for your kind words Brian. My wife tries to pass on the art by providing workshops, both formally and informally.

I think that is fantastic that she is sharing what is obviously a long time passion with others. Hopefully there are some motivated students who will carry on the tradition long after none of us are no longer around!

Latest threads

Top Bottom