My Word Of Thanks

Discussion in 'Annual Alabama Sessions' started by eng45ine, Apr 4, 2007.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I wanted to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone who attended the 3rd Annual Nikon Cafe Get-Together for contributing to Marissa's and my complete enjoyment. Leigh and Patrick, thank you so much for opening up your home to all of us and for serving such a wonderful meal...nothing could have been improved upon. Your commitment to our community is truly remarkable. Flew, thank you for guiding us to some great locations to capture birds in flight. Just watching you get set-up for incoming birds was entertainment enough...you are more than addicted to birding. Mason, I am so proud to call you my friend and I look forward to spending much more time with you and Allison during future visits. Gary, thanks for trying to get us in the perfect location to capture some eagles and ospreys...the anticipation was exciting. I hope that we will have the opportunity to shoot with you again next year. And a sincere word of thanks to all who attended this gathering...whether you flew in or traveled by car, you were all a pleasure to interact with. It did not take long to create a wonderful bond with each of you and your spouses. The wide array of Nikon equipment was mindboggling. Connie, you handle that 200mm lens like a professional!!! I am so sorry that we didn't get to say goodbye to many of you because you departed while we were away or asleep. Sommer, Paul and Melissa...thanks for hosting S'Mores Fest, the food was great and the conversations around the campfire even better. I wish that we could have stayed longer but the weather had other plans for us.

Now that we are home, it is difficult to verbally share our experiences with family and friends, but I can convey to you how special this past weekend was and how truly difficult it was to say goodbye to such good friends. We cherish our friendships and hold all of you in high esteem, I only hope that our paths will cross next year so we can resume where we left off.

Continued good health and happiness.....and good shooting as well. Our sincerest thanks to each and every one of you.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks for everything, Frank and Marissa! The cannolis were out of this world!!!

I too appreciate all the help our other locals (Frank, Mason...) gave to show all of Cafe' guests a good time.

3. Frank,

You summed it up well, my friend. I hope that we all stay in touch in more than just the “virtual” sense. I am bad about that too, but I know several of us exchanged numbers.

4. Frank and Marissa

It was a great pleasure to meet great people like yourself, I think we all wish it had been a better morning as I'm quite sure we would have been treated to a showing. I sat this morning similar to the Sunday morning we spent at the dam and watched as the Eagle pair sat for over 2 hours and never left the tree. I can only hope we can see you both again for another go at it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2007
  5. Thanks, Frank -- you expressed my feelings eloquently! It was a very special weekend with some very special people indeed! I, too, greatly appreciate all the care that went into the planning and actual execution of the weekend and the thoughtfulness and kindness extended to all of us!

Can we push a "fast-forward" button and zoom into next year already?!

6. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Frank,

This is a very special community and although I did not join you folks in Huntsville I can sense the camaraderie and the bond of friendship that exists between all the cafe regulars. Everyone tries to help each other out in whichever way they can without expecting anything in return. I have met you on a couple of occasions since we live so close but wish I can make it to next year's meet and get to actually meet some of the folks with whom I chat at times through the cafe.

7. Well said. Your kind words match your actions and persona.

8. Frank, I cannot think of adding anything to that - you are right on the button with your feelings and observations.
    Thanks also to you and Marissa for being there, you contributed to this fine Nikon Café "family reunion".

9. JMartin

JMartin Guest

I concur in every sense!

The only thing I can add is yet another thanks to you and Marissa for allowing me to ride with the two of you each morning so that Jennifer and the girls could sleep in.

I do not post on the board near as much as I would like, but I do enjoy reading the posts and viewing everyones wonderful photos. Meeting those of you I have had the opportunity to meet so far has just been icing on the cake.

I have already told Frank (flew) and Mason when they get to Florida to give me a call so we can hook up, but that goes for any of you. If you get down here, let me know and I will do my best to free up some time!

10. Thanks for that post Frank, it says it all

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Amen. Just great to see you and Merissa again Frank. :smile:

12. Well, even though I wasn't there this year, and yeppers it was kinda painful - I remeber last year and through the months since, how I've come to really appreciate the friends I've made on this forum. Thanks ya'll for being such wonderful geniune people!

13. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    It was good to see you and Marissa again this year. I'm sorry I missed your cannolis. I wonder if they would survive the USPS:smile: ??
    See ya next year.

14. What a wonderful post, Frank. I am amazed at what a fantastic group this is...to think that such a diverse bunch has formed these strong bonds in a relatively short period of time. I love that it's such a family affair, with spouses and kids equally welcome as the Cafe members themselves. We're fortunate to count you and Marissa (and all of the others!) among our dear friends.

15. Here Frank I think I owe you this one.

Peckerwood.

16. Well said and well done, thanks for expressing it for us.

17. Frank, I couldn't say it any better. It was a delight seeing you and Marissa once more. Carolyn and I were surprised to find that your daughter is graduating from High School; we assumed by her grace and candor she was in her twenties. Her affection for her super dad showed. It's an honor knowing you and everyone here at the cafe.

Rich

18. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Gary....simply beautiful.

19. Well said, Frank. I can't wait until next year.

20. DoorMan

DoorMan Guest

Thanks Frank for the post you said it much better than I could have. It was so nice meeting everyone.