Review My Yashica Y35 Review

Real Name
Andrew
I tried to cut/paste my review here, but there were too many images, so I have to link.

Best Light Photographic BLOG: Yashica Y35 digiFilm Camera Review

For those not wanting to link over there and read:

• It's best to keep these kinds of projects in proper perspective
  • My unit seems to be working as advertised
  • If you are a pixel peeper, you'll hate this
  • If you like the lo-fi aesthetic, you'll appreciate what it provides
  • There is a lot of hate, most likely fueled by the long delays, poor communication by the manufacturer, and, well.... The internet blowing up about it

Real Name
Ken St John
Interesting ... my first 35mm camera back in the 70's was a Yashica Electro 35 GSN. Enjoyed that little camera a lot. I probably don't need another camera, but this would be an interesting "toy" to play with.

Sad that so many folks are commenting with such strong language. Am I crazy to wish for a return of civility?

Thanks for sharing!!

Ken

Real Name
Andrew
Interesting ... my first 35mm camera back in the 70's was a Yashica Electro 35 GSN. Enjoyed that little camera a lot. I probably don't need another camera, but this would be an interesting "toy" to play with.

Sad that so many folks are commenting with such strong language. Am I crazy to wish for a return of civility?

Thanks for sharing!!

Ken
Not crazy at all. I see all the hostility as well and just choose to not feed into it.

Real Name
Andrew
A few more images from a run about town today:

B&W digiFilm
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Color 1600 digiFilm

I am totally loving mine - so much to the point where I purchased 2 more film packs and now I have the complete ensemble of "film".
My only downside is that the lens cap no longer stays on due to excessive use by me.....

Real Name
Andrew
I am totally loving mine - so much to the point where I purchased 2 more film packs and now I have the complete ensemble of "film".
My only downside is that the lens cap no longer stays on due to excessive use by me.....
Honestly, same here. I'm going to see about some other lens cap system for it. I still need to order the other 2 films .

Real Name
Andrew
FYI, I just tested a 37mm pinch cap from one of my m43 lenses and it fits the Yashica Y35 perfectly. I just ordered one from Amazon for super cheap.
$5 - free shipping.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G40WZOS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Real Name
Andrew
Off topic.
I saw the 'Rolleiflex instant film camera this weekend in a shop. Not tempted at 400 euro.
View attachment 1627703Untitled by Harold, on Flickr
I'm interested, but as you say, not at that price. From the reviews and samples I've seen, the IQ could be better, especially for the asking price. I hope to see one somewhere used for about half that....then I might snag one.

I'm interested, but as you say, not at that price. From the reviews and samples I've seen, the IQ could be better, especially for the asking price. I hope to see one somewhere used for about half that....then I might snag one.
Yeah that would be more in the direction of what I would pay for it.

The Blue is interesting....more time to understand it...

This is the first I have seen of this "digifilm", guess I am out of the loop, but it looks very interesting, and maybe a purchase in the future for me (or maybe another film camera!)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom