1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Review My Yashica Y35 Review

Discussion in 'Reviews, Tests, & Shootouts' started by gryphon1911, Nov 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I tried to cut/paste my review here, but there were too many images, so I have to link.

Best Light Photographic BLOG: Yashica Y35 digiFilm Camera Review

For those not wanting to link over there and read:

• It's best to keep these kinds of projects in proper perspective
    • My unit seems to be working as advertised
    • If you are a pixel peeper, you'll hate this
    • If you like the lo-fi aesthetic, you'll appreciate what it provides
    • There is a lot of hate, most likely fueled by the long delays, poor communication by the manufacturer, and, well.... The internet blowing up about it

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Interesting. We used to have a couple of Yashica bodies from the late '60s. If they made digifilm for actual film bodies it would interest me more.

3. I agree. I always look in interest for the projects that convert film slrs into digital. Maybe, someday...

4. Interesting ... my first 35mm camera back in the 70's was a Yashica Electro 35 GSN. Enjoyed that little camera a lot. I probably don't need another camera, but this would be an interesting "toy" to play with.

Sad that so many folks are commenting with such strong language. Am I crazy to wish for a return of civility?

Thanks for sharing!!

Ken

• Like Like x 1
  5. Not crazy at all. I see all the hostility as well and just choose to not feed into it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. A few more images from a run about town today:

B&W digiFilm
    01-03-2018_y35_street_Y35_0002.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

01-03-2018_y35_street_Y35_0005.jpg

01-03-2018_y35_street_Y35_0015.jpg

Color 1600 digiFilm
    01-03-2018_y35_street_Y35_0018.jpg

01-03-2018_y35_street_Y35_0028.jpg

01-03-2018_y35_street_Y35_0038.jpg

01-03-2018_y35_street_Y35_0046.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. I am totally loving mine - so much to the point where I purchased 2 more film packs and now I have the complete ensemble of "film".
    My only downside is that the lens cap no longer stays on due to excessive use by me.....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Honestly, same here. I'm going to see about some other lens cap system for it. I still need to order the other 2 films .

9. I'm actually thinking about.....
    LoL ordering the brown special edition sometime next year...:eek: 
    Since I have all of the "film", I'll ask them if I can just get the body only.....

10. Oh, the other 2 films arrived very quick!

• Like Like x 1
  11. That could be interesting...

12. I just ordered the other 2. This way I will not forget!! :D 

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. FYI, I just tested a 37mm pinch cap from one of my m43 lenses and it fits the Yashica Y35 perfectly. I just ordered one from Amazon for super cheap.
    $5 - free shipping.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G40WZOS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

14. Any time, my friend!!

15. weerterbos

weerterbos

Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  16. I'm interested, but as you say, not at that price. From the reviews and samples I've seen, the IQ could be better, especially for the asking price. I hope to see one somewhere used for about half that....then I might snag one.

17. weerterbos

weerterbos

Feb 11, 2016
    Yeah that would be more in the direction of what I would pay for it.

18. The Blue is interesting....more time to understand it...
    Y35_0019.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  19. This is the first I have seen of this "digifilm", guess I am out of the loop, but it looks very interesting, and maybe a purchase in the future for me (or maybe another film camera!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.