Review My Yashica Y35 Review

Real Name
Andrew
This is the first I have seen of this "digifilm", guess I am out of the loop, but it looks very interesting, and maybe a purchase in the future for me (or maybe another film camera!)
In my opinion, it is more about the process of making pictures than the technical aspects of it. It also does not hurt if you are a "hipster" or "into lo-fi" photography aesthetics (if we want to put some kind of label on it).

As @Panther can probably attest, there is just something satisfying about the whole process of using the camera. I'm not in a position to be able to afford that new Leica that doesn't have a rear LCD, but if something similar comes out in the sub $2000 range with a viewfinder and an affordable mount, I'm in serious consideration on it.

Real Name
Andrew
I would really like to support the concept.
But I simply cannot bring myself to do so.
Instead I keep on buying 2d hand film and digital cameras.
I can respect that. I still have some film cameras and love using the Yashica 5000 I have (rarely do anymore) and the Mamiya C33 medium format...but I've either grown lazy or to used to the speed and efficiency of the digital workflow. probably both. lol

gryphon, not trying to hi-jack your thread here...Just posting some Y35 fun stuff! :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

"In My Fancy" film....(+1 Exposure Comp)

Real Name
Andrew
I went out with the Color200 loaded today. Got a few I liked. forgot to bring extra batteries! lol
So, only got a few before I had to switch back over to the Nikon Z6 #firstworldproblems

Played with this first one in Nik Silver Efex. Others are SOOC.

Real Name
Andrew
I find the Fancy a bit tricky.....LoL you'll see
I find the 6x6 a little tricky. It's very peculiar on the light it likes to make a good image. It looked to blow out highlights. So I get what you mean. They all seem to have their own character, not only in the look, but on house they process a scene. Color1600 and B&W seen to be very difficult.

Color 200 is not bad. Interested to see how blue and in my fancy work. Supposed to have a few days of sun before the rain hours the end of the week.

Real Name
Andrew
Played about a bit with the Blue and In My Fancy

Blue:

In My Fancy:

I like the visual styling of the In My Fancy better at this point. Still need to experiment in better lighting conditions.

I'm finding that. Send info, at least, it meters the highlights fine, but goes a little dark on the shadow areas.
When I finish this roll of 6x6, I'll put a roll of Fancy in :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, from what I remember of shooting with it, I went from overexposed to underexposed in a blink - very tough to find that proper exposure level.

Real Name
Andrew
When I finish this roll of 6x6, I'll put a roll of Fancy in :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, from what I remember of shooting with it, I went from overexposed to underexposed in a blink - very tough to find that proper exposure level.
I guess that will be half the fun, trying to f figure it out.

I'm hoping some day that Yashica puts it a programmable digiFilm unit that you connect to vis USB to a PC and then have a software interface program that you can build a custom film simulation. I think that would be a great addition

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom