My Yellowstone Adventure

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by gryphon1911, Sep 6, 2017.

1. gryphon1911

gryphon1911

Mar 20, 2017
    Central Ohio
    Andrew
    Hello all. I had posted in another thread about my week long Yellowstone vacation.

Took the Nikon D500, Nikon 18-140/3.5-5.6 VR, Nikon 300/4E PF + TC14E-III and Tokina 11-16/2.8

I decided to share this in a bit of a different way and blogged about it. There will be quite a few posts to cover everything from trip planning, travel to location and the time spent there.

Instead of replicating the entire blog post on every forum, I will post links to the blog posts here. I've already published 2, so will include those 2 here in the first post. Subsequent blog posts will see an entry added to this thread.

A Trip To Yellowstone National Park - Introduction
    A Trip To Yellowstone National Park - Trip Planning

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ann_JS

Ann_JS

Feb 18, 2015
    New York State
    Andrew:
    I am so glad that you were able to go to Yellowstone.
    I remember that you had been planning the trip for some time; and I am looking forward to following the story on your Blog and seeing some of your photographs too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    Nice writeup...will watch for the next episode.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nicely done. Good write up - I'm looking forward to the pictures and the future installments.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gryphon1911

gryphon1911

Mar 20, 2017
    Central Ohio
    Andrew
    Yes, it was a long time coming, but finally got to go. Now the question is... Where to next!!

6. Ann_JS

Ann_JS

Feb 18, 2015
    New York State
    I have LOTS of good suggestions . . .
    . . . could become expensive!
    ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lets see: Alaska, the Canadian Arctic, Iceland, the Pantanal (Kaziranga, Gir, Khana), India, Nepal, Thailand, Patagonia, Lake District, Australian Outback, the Frank Church-River of No Return Wilderness, . . .

• Like Like x 1
  8. I tend to go back to a good place at least 2x. Images are always better the 2nd time
    YNP is way past good so I'll do a 3rd trip

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. gryphon1911

gryphon1911

Mar 20, 2017
    Central Ohio
    Andrew
    Most of the good places are expensive. I had an offer to go to Nepal this year....but it would have interfered with Yellowstone. Got sprung on us last minute...maybe again someday.

10. Wherever it is you go I know it will be a visual treat for us! Choose wisely, grasshopper!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    Good write up. Loved that shot of the Morning Glory Pool, the colors are spectacular.

12. gryphon1911

gryphon1911

Mar 20, 2017
    Central Ohio
    Andrew
  13. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    Good one. I plan to head down that sometime next year, probably will wait until early winter. Thanks, you've given me some ideas of stuff to see that I didn't know was there.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Enjoyed the stuff to see/do outside YNP--because I never leave time and energy for them. And yes, I'm a lone tree fan too!

• Like Like x 1
  15. gryphon1911

gryphon1911

Mar 20, 2017
    Central Ohio
    Andrew
    You are welcome. Make sure to hit the park website or download the app so you get alerts on any road/trail closings!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  16. jbird

jbird

Jun 22, 2016
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Nice series of photos. Brings back good memories

• Like Like x 1
  17. Andrew, one of the better write-ups around, by an Ohioan or not! Good advice and very mature. Yeah, water, water, water, dress in multiple layers (rather than 1-2 big/thick ones), slow down, be nice, show respect, be curious, and cary a BIG camera!
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1