my Z6 AF problem

Real Name
Randy
Focus on my perch which is near MFD then focus far, now when you try to focus on the perch again the camera just hunts and will NEVER acquire focus on the perch. You have to focus mid range to snap the camera out of this funky sleep state regarding AF. For 3 weeks I've tried everything.....
Yesterday I posted this in an FM thread and got this reply from a very reputable source

The mirrorless cameras (not just Nikon) have issues coming from far to near and if near is close to MFD then sometimes it just never works. This is present in my Sony cameras also but Sony just won't even "see" the totally OOF near perch/bird and often won't drive focus at all. My Z50 seems to try but often does a few hunts back and forth...usually it gets it eventually. However my backyard perches are not as close as MFD so most times it works okay. [/quote]

Hey Randy, I know this is a old thread, but with your 500PF, you can assign a focus "distance" (the perch) to one of the programmable buttons on the lens. When you lock onto a perched subject & track it off into the distance & want to go back to the perch for the next one, a quick press of that button and your back focused on the perch in an instant.

I use this a lot with my 500PF & 600F4 if I have a repeatable sequence I want to do quickly.

Just a thought....

Real Name
Randy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Randy, I know this is a old thread, but with your 500PF, you can assign a focus "distance" (the perch) to one of the programmable buttons on the lens. When you lock onto a perched subject & track it off into the distance & want to go back to the perch for the next one, a quick press of that button and your back focused on the perch in an instant.

I use this a lot with my 500PF & 600F4 if I have a repeatable sequence I want to do quickly.

Just a thought....
Thanks Phil

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom